We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

This might be like throwing message in a bottle in the sea but I am asking anyways. May be somebody will have some answers.

Yes what happened to the website http://tremblantinsider.com? Our former DE colleague TremblantJB007 was involved with this website but that didn't interfere with his collaborations here but, even if somebody was supposed to take his place there (not here) when he left Tremblant one and half year ago there was only very sporadic postings during autumn 2010 and then zilch!.

One of the last posting was to offer free ski passes for people that would volunteer to film/webcam their time at the mountain. Right now this section is still there but doesn't lead to anything afterward when you click for more details.

There is also no e-mail adress to reach the site and absolutley no other informations. So what is happening.? The site is still running but the last entries dating back almost a year. Is it a ghost, just dormant, or an orphan that has not been "terminated"? Anyways it would be nice if somebody can tell us more about it as some newcomers must stumble on that website while googling and the informations provided are now at least 50% inacurate.

So what's your take?

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,520 posts
83 reviews
1. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

Rick, I suspect that the site is a zombie, but am not certain.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
13,114 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

I think it is just dead. No one running it and no one maintaining it. I would message TremblantJB007 , He does appear once in a while.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
3. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

There is also contact information (e-mail address etc.) for that domain listed at who.godaddy.com/whois.aspx… . However, that person might not work on the site directly -- they might just be the webmaster or web host.

The tremblantinsider.com domain was last renewed in September 2010 and will expire next November if no one pays to renew it then.

Edited: 26 October 2011, 18:42
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
4. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

Hi RickB,

Last I heard... TREMBLANTJB007 (love that name)... sold the website to someone else... and he left town and pursued his skiing career elsewhere.

Obviously the "replacement" owner(s) didn't have the dedication that our buddy "James Bond" did and the website has gone into a tail-spin / state of disrepair ever since.

Sad... because at one time it was a great source for good info about the area... another perspective... and how I loved the live daily ski reports where one actually got to "see" how conditions were on the mountain (NO IntraWest Math when JB007 was around)... and it was always fun to ski along daily with our then most Mountain-Savvy TA Member / DE we had in this particular FORUM.

Miss him... hope he is doing well wherever he is...

As he used to sign-off..

**Think *S*N*O*W**

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
13,114 posts
34 reviews
5. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

Interesting. I know the name of the new owner, definitely a Tremblant guy. Clearly not living up here though. Rick maybe you could email him and see what the deal is.

Wine we have snow on the way for this weekend, so yes THINK SNOW, even if it is still before halloween.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
13,114 posts
34 reviews
6. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

In fact I remember where I know him from. He was a neighbour of a close friend at Tremblant, he built a huge, and beautiful house, a few years back. It is up for rent on TA. tripadvisor.com/VacationRentalReview-g182183…

He was a high up ski instructor and an all round nice guy.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
345 posts
19 reviews
7. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

Tremblant-Insider is indeed alive and well! The contributors including myself are generally skiiers and hence the site is more active during ski season. It is the best source of information and links to all things Tremblant, so anyone planning a trip in any season should check the site along with the generat Mt. Tremblant site for information on what is going on! Here's the link.

http://tremblantinsider.com/

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
8. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

I didn't think anyone used that website?

I look forward to seeing the posts!

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
58 reviews
9. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

Yes it seems that the only link is the webmatser. Bogwoppit if you have any other weblink, can you sent it to me by PM. As per regarding the current state of the website, nothing has been added, a it has been written /added since November or December 2011 and sections under development then, real estate for example, are still "in development". That goes really again against Ironwoodtrailstatement of being mostly geared to winter. So @ Ironwill if you can give us more explanations, or even send me PM that would help clarify the situation. Anyways if effectively the service ends in November we won't have to worry about bad infos but, otherwise somebody has to move as, like I already wrote, the current limited amount of infos still available are outdated and almost 50% wrong. And this is not counting the misspelling of the French names that will make possible visitors scratch their heads when trying to cross link or do google search.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
10. Re: What is happening to Tremblant Insider?

I now doubt the site will go away in November, since Ironwoodtrail says it has active contributors. Domain expiry only happens if nobody's around to pay the (rather small) bill.