We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beautiful snowstorm

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,489 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Beautiful snowstorm

We had a good 30cm of snow between yesterday and today. It is still snowing and lovely out there. Well except for the roads they are horrific. Just about everything is open and the mountain and first tracks should be awesome tomorrow.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,042 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beautiful snowstorm

You just beat me Bogwoppit. I wanted to post the same and just two minutes later, while I am writing a reply somewhere else, zip you did it! Well I wouldn't call it beautiful at the moment, kinda scary indeed... But yes it is not considered a total snowstorm but it is a "grosse bordée" as we say around. The great thing in the Laurentides is that we had only snow all the time while in Mtl and other parts of the Province they had rain, sleet, snow, drifting snow, whatnot. So yes the snow covering will be just beautiful for the first skiers tomorros. But beware that there will be some chopping wind gusts and blizzard tomorrow so a full coviring will be "de rigueur".

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,489 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beautiful snowstorm

I drove to Montreal and back today. I have new winter tires, AWD and a good car. It took six hours to drive what normaly takes me 3 hours. The roads are a total mess and I saw some serious car accidents and some just plain stupid driving disasters.

However back home in my warm house it is beautiful outside, a huge pile of fresh snow and a recently plowed driveway (that always makes me HAPPY). I will be snowshoeing or x countrying tomorrow. Kids will be doing first tracks.

We needed snow, we got it!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beautiful snowstorm

Hi All,

Indeed after a long "grey spell"... Ottawa is finally a gorgeous shade of NEW Winter White... too long coming this year !!

Had to go out today as well, driving was slow going (and we also have snowtires and AWD)... did see several folks in the ditch... and this was out in the countryside, where usually folks have TONS of Winter Driving Experience !!

Roads were being plowed and salted albeit not fast enough to keep up to the amount of snow falling, so they were snow covered, slushy and greasy. Lots of tire spinning at every intersection in town !! (Cannot understand the folks who don't put on proper winter tires here in SNOW COUNTRY)

On a happier note, the trees (particularly the cedars) with a coating of new fallen snow were breath-takingly beautiful (sadly didn't have my camera with me)

Happy Skiing this weekend... Think *S*N*O*W*

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 14 January 2012, 02:59
Norfolk
Level Contributor
138 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beautiful snowstorm

Hi everyone, your postings are like music to our ears,regarding the skiing aspect of things that is. Coming from the UK where a couple of inches or so generally leads to total chaos and disruption drivers have our sympathy,although you guys over there allways seem better prepared than we are,so i hope we don't come across as selfish that whenever we read a posting that reads "snowing again" or something similar we find ourselves whooping with joy!!! Stay safe on the roads and see you in feb.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,489 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beautiful snowstorm

Norfolk skiers we got a good 30cm over two days. There is another 20cm in the forecast for the coming week. Hill is close to 100% open, including the natural snow only "suicide" runs.

Today is bloody cold, but seriously beautiful.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
58,335 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beautiful snowstorm

haha What is that white stuff outside the window here today. Bit of a surprise. First snow of the season. Someone must have been listening to this Mont Tremblant conversation. :-) It's very beautiful. Anyway, we'll see what the all season radials report is at the end of the day. Enjoy your snow! It's amazing how the little kids only need a slight incline and about 5 m to happily slide their day away.

7. Re: Beautiful snowstorm

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 February 2013, 10:26