We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

nature-centric Mont Tremblant vacatin

Chicago, Illinois
1 post
Save Topic
nature-centric Mont Tremblant vacatin

My family, which includes a 3 year old boy, are considering renting a cottage in the Mont Tremblant area (if we can find a good one) from about August 15-20. We're interested in enjoying the outdoors, hiking, canoeing or kayaking, and swimming.

I understand that the time frame overlaps with an Iron Man competition. Does this mean that the area will be extremely crowded and not particularly relaxing?

We will be travelling from Ottawa and are open to any destinations within a few hours that have the natural opportunities described above. Any suggestions are welcome.

Any general advice on enjoying the area with children are also welcome.

Thanks, Jack

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,082 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: nature-centric Mont Tremblant vacatin

The Mont Tremblant area is family friendly and the range of outdoor activities is almost without limit. Renting a cottage is a great idea for summer family fun and St-Jovite (also known as downtown Mont Tremblant) has very good supermarkets, so you will have no problem finding food if you prepare meals "at home". If you have not already found a cottage to rent, I recommend that you look immediately. Cottages, particularly lake front ones, are always in demand.

As an alternative to a cottage or chalet, there are a great many condos available both in the Tremblant resort and nearby. As for nature, the very large (583 sq. miles!) Mont Tremblant National Park is adjacent to the resort and offers everything you could want in a nature-oriented vacation. The closest Park entrance is about a 10-15 minute drive from the resort.

tourismemonttremblant.com/en/…

The Iron Man is new to Mont Tremblant, so it is hard to give you clear ideas about crowds. They expect 2,000+ participants; how many spectators will be there is hard to gauge. The MT area certainly has sufficient restaurants and lodging to accommodate both regular vacationers and the Iron Man events. Expect some traffic congestion and busy restaurants, but the events themselves otherwise probably will not interfere with your vacation activities. The link above includes schedules and maps.

Edited: 30 July 2012, 03:27
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,350 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: nature-centric Mont Tremblant vacatin

I am with Tyler, the only real issue will be traffic issues, and they can be ugly. BUt besides that you can have a great time with kids at Tremblant.

There are few great posts on the last month or two about family activities nearby, I suggest scanning over those and coming back with specifics that we can help with.

Look on VRBO for rentals,they have lots to choose from. COme back to ask about any you see as we might know them. Avoid RVMT.com there have been many bad reports about them lately.

3. Re: nature-centric Mont Tremblant vacatin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 August 2013, 10:16