We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which Village for summer trip

New York
Level Contributor
93 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Which Village for summer trip

We will be traveling in the beginning of August, staying for a week. Family consists of two adults and three children, all adults - 26, 22, 18.

The kids would do any and all outdoor activities. We'd probably have only one car and I could see my husband and I doing something different during the day.

I want a place to stay that has a bit to do at the resort. Which of the three villages would be the best for us to call "home base".

Thanks!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,347 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which Village for summer trip

Well most tourists stay at the resort as that is where most accommodation is. But if you have a car you can stay anywhere in the area. St Jovite is where more locals live and shop and eat. The village of Mont Tremblant is lovely and small and less touristy, but pretty lovely in summer.

The three are all very close to each other, perhaps ten minutes by car from one to the next. There is also a city bus linking them, handy if you do not have a car.

As your family is so grown up I would suggest the resort as the "kids" might enjoy the evening scene more there. They can all go to the bars and dance the night away. Drinking is strictly optional.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which Village for summer trip

Yup drinking age is 18 in the Province!

Well near the Village Resort you will find more condos, suites and cottages to rent so that will probably be the best for your group.

If the kids want to do some rafting then you could skip for that day and they will be able to use the transportation from the resort as it is fairly far away. Even driving back could be tiresome after a full day in the rapids. On the other hand same river (the Rouge) is much tamer near Tremblant and features unusual beaches and sandbars. So that could be an all family activity just paddling gently downstream and have picnic on a beach with a pick up and return at the end.

3. Re: Which Village for summer trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 February 2014, 07:16