We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fall colors in tremblant yet?

toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
fall colors in tremblant yet?

Hi all, is anyone living near mont tremblant now? Have the leaf colors turned? I plan to go this weekend (Sept 22). Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

They've started but still more to go.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

Nope. very little have turned color yet. I actually travelled around yesterday and was able to check a bit more than from my balcony. We are a good two to three weeks away from the peak season.

toronto
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

thank you! I guess I'll postpone my trip.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

And you should try to come during the week, not week-ends as it will be a complete zoo starting not this week-end but the next.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,175 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

Peak varies by year, but normally is during the first week of October. I was there last year from Oct 5-14. Leaves were at their peak when I arrived (and probably were for a few days earlier too) and began to become muted, but still beautiful, from Oct 8 onwards.

Rick's advice about crowds on week-ends is spot on. If you can--and I realize that it might not be possible to do so--try to visit during the week. Sunday, Oct 6, 2012, cars were backed up from the pedestrian village all of the way down Montee Ryan and on AutoRoute 117 to the Rte 323 exit to St-Jovite! True, it was Thanksgiving week-end and traffic might have been somewhat heavier than usual. Still, "leaf peepers" from Montreal and Ottawa areas routinely visit Tremblant for the fall colours and crowds on week-ends are common.

Edited: 20 September 2013, 16:57
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

"Still, "leaf peepers" from Montreal and Ottawa areas routinely visit Tremblant for the fall colours and crowds on week-ends are common."

Yes and from one year to another they seems to forget about the crowd and traffic. Just the same way as people visiting Disney World blank out the crowd and the long line ups.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,319 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

I was out side for the last 2 hours and I can clearly see that the peak season will probably starting the next week-end, not the incoming one. If you can come in the week then the following Monday to Friday will be great. Also it is too early for the rain forecasted this week-end to do any harm.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,922 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

I was up the mountain today, hiked up and down, and the leaves are just beginning to turn. Another week and it will be lovely.

9. Re: fall colors in tremblant yet?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Mont Tremblant