We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Years eve options Mont Tremblant

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Topic
New Years eve options Mont Tremblant

Help please in recommending where to spend New Years Eve for a great meal , (we love good real food, not fast food, a nice sit down ala carte kind of restaurant) and entertainment.

We're coming from Australia and staying at Sommet des Neiges.

Gathered we need to be in the square at midnight for the fireworks, so where is the best place to go before. Family of five with the 'kids' being 22, 23, and 17. We rather not have to pack black tie clothes for an o/s ski trip , so any suggestions greatly received .

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
57,108 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: New Years eve options Mont Tremblant

Ruby, welcome to the forums ~

No sense posting a second time. It's 4 am in Quebec right now, so give it a bit. Maybe another 4-ish hours before someone wakes up on Saturday morning.

Edited: 14 December 2013, 08:59
Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,072 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Years eve options Mont Tremblant

Well, it is now a bit after 8:00 a.m., so let me be the first.

Ruby, not to worry about black tie. Other than a private event, I cannot think of any place in Tremblant where it would be needed.

I don't often go to Tremblant for NYE (it has been 7 years), but my colleagues on this forum (bogwoppit and rickb) live in the area and, as things change often in resort areas, doubtless will have current information about the best places for dinner and celebration. Reservations are a must, at least based upon my past experiences.

Bogwoppit, Rick and others will be able to add to it, but here is a short list to get you started. The Fairmont Hotel will be one place to consider. It is a short walk from Sommet des Neiges. Here is a link to their holiday brochure. You will have to scroll down to Dec 31: fairmont.com/tremblant/….

Hotel Quintessence (also within walking distance) would be a good place to check out for dinner. It is a lovely boutique hotel and generally regarded as the best in the region. (http://www.hotelquintessence.com/en). Another excellent restaurant (close to the resort but hard to walk in snow, so a taxi or car might be required) is Le Petite Cachee (http://www.petitecachee.com).

The Tourist Office’s general list of NYE events will be found here: (tourismemonttremblant.com/events/details/chr…). and the Cafe d'Epoque in the resort village also is offering a late night celebration: (http://www.tremblantbar.com/new-years-party). Expect a younger and enthusiastic crowd there.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,223 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: New Years eve options Mont Tremblant

Great suggestions above. A few others to add.

La Forge upstairs, the upstairs bit is important as down stairs if not fancy at all. Right in the square. Reservations a must and usually you can see the fireworks from here. They always do a nice NYE menu with champagne toast etc.

The Caribou will be open for the younger adults to party in after midnight. Think club/house music. Loud and fun. There will be a cover charge.

Adelaide, Australia
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: New Years eve options Mont Tremblant

Thanks so much for this guys, really appreciate this.

Have read on old posts that the fairmont is not so recommended for NYE, and admittedly we are not into the contrived ballroom event offering. We prefer a regular restaurant that offers something nice for these once in the year events. So I will look at these suggestions, and if anything else comes to mind I'd appreciate the update. Always tricky when you're on the other side of the world and depend on the local knowledge.

Just want to have a great night , sooo looking forward to coming over to your part of the world, can't wait.

Thanks again from Ruby downunder !

5. Re: New Years eve options Mont Tremblant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2014, 05:18