We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fairmont vs. westin

philadelphia
8 posts
Save Topic
Fairmont vs. westin

Help! Booking last minute trip with a 9 and 7 year old and do not know which to stay at. We would be getting a one bedroom suite at fairmont vs 2 bedroom suite at westin. which is better for the kids? Better gym? Better access to the slopes (where the ski school is)? And to the town? Which is nicer (since we are spending too much as it is!) I think the fairmont has an indoor pool which sounds good.....Thanks so much!

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,117 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fairmont vs. westin

Between the two, I would choose the Fairmont. However, both are good and both are in the all-pedestrian resort village and within easy walking distance to the ski school. Kids will enjoy the small indoor pool at the Fairmont. There also is a larger indoor pool in the center of the resort village. It is open to everyone, for a fee. Don't know about gyms at either hotel.

If you need the extra space of a two-bedroom, the Westin is OK. I just think that the Fairmont is somewhat better.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
46 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fairmont vs. westin

Either are a good bet. Fairmont is right at the bottom of the hill, Westin is a short up-hill walk to the hill. I don't know if the pool at the Westin is year round, but the outdoor pool at the Fairmont is heated and is a nice swim. The Westin is right beside several really nice shops.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,489 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fairmont vs. westin

Fairmont is actually at the foot of the Nansen run, you do need a short walk down to the flying mile chair or a bit further to the gondola.

4. Re: Fairmont vs. westin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2015, 04:50