We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

Mississauga
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

Hi,

I'm totally new to this site, so I posted the below on the "Canada" forum not knowing there was a forum for Mont Tremblant! So if you can help, xoxo!

I'm trying to organize a trip to Mont Tremblant in Quebec for the first time. Somehow, I got suckered into doing the planning for myself and 5 of my friends. I'm usually well organized and have a better sense of direction than my boyfriend. However, the last time I went to Mont Tremblant was on a high-school trip and that was...well a while ago. I don't know where Mont Tremblant is or if it's close to Montreal. I need a cheap and easy way of getting there from either Toronto or Mississauga that doesn't involve a car. Any suggestions?

Once in Mont Tremblant, I'm not sure where to book our accommodations. The Tremblant site offers suggestions for locations, but they are all categorized by neighborhood...I think. Which neighborhood should I be aiming to book in?

I'm pretty much open to anything, so any suggestions are greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

cici-la

Montreal
Level Contributor
27 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

In terms of distance, Tremblant is approx. 2 hours from the island of Montreal give or take.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,366 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

The pedestrian village is all ski in ski out. No car necessary once you get there. There are condos just outside the village that are a very easy walk such as La Russieux. If you stay in the village, you don't have to get mad at the one person holding you up every morning. Also, check out tremblant-insider.com for some great suggestions for rooms, eats etc.

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

Hi cici-la:

You might want to check out a bus line to take a bus straight to Tremblant. There are flights (ckeck-out the official Tremblant website for fares and deals), which may be too expensive for your budget? There is always the train to Montreal, then bus to Tremblant but this also may prove too costly. Your best bet if definitely a car - it's a nice 7 hour drive (although you don't need one if you stay in the village).

I assume you are young - if you are you should stay in the village, particularily if you don't have a car. So, when you look at the Tremblant site, look for the "pedestrian village" accomodations - this is where ALL the action is. This is not an inexpensive trip, as everything from the transportation, skiing and restaurants/entertainment is costly - so be prepared to spend. If you are resourceful (which you obviously are as you are on this website and others), you can find deals. We stayed at the Carlson Country Suites which was AWESOME for our needs - they are all suites (fully equipped) so you can make dinners and lunches in if you choose, with free continental breakfasts.

Let me know if you want further information.

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

Hi,

We are trying to get to Mont Tremblant (the village) in May and the shuttle doesnt run after April 15th?? This seems crazy for such a beautiful year round resort that it looks like. do you have any suggestions for us? We are going May 15-19.

Thanks!

Margaret

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

The shuttle from where? Montreal?

Maryland
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

The shuttle goes from the Montreal Airport to the village. It is run by Skyport bus service. It only runs during ski season apparently. Still looking for other thoughts of how to get to the village in May!!

Oakville, Ontario
Level Contributor
134 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

Is there a bus line (Greyhound, etc.) that runs from Montreal to Tremblant? You might want to e-mail the Tremblant organization and ask them. They would surely want the tourism $$ at that time of year, so they must know a way for the tourists to get there.

Montreal
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

VIA Rail is having a special fare of $59 for travel between Toronto-Mtl. Once in Mtl, you could buy a tucket on Greyhound Canada between Mtl and Mont-Tremblant.

I think it's very affordable - and convenient - and comfortable!

http://www.viarail.ca/en_index.html

http://www.greyhound.ca/en/

9. Re: Cheapest & easiest way to Mont Tremblant from Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 August 2009, 07:20