We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Single Mom with kids to Clevelands house

Which Minett hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
10 posts
Save Topic
Single Mom with kids to Clevelands house

am a single mom travelling with 12 and 13 yr old kids.

have read that the resort is great, yet want to hear from parents that have travelled with teens my kids' ages - does the resort keep kids of my ages busy?

Are there single parents that have travelled to Clevelands? or are travelling this summer?

Which unit/room/area of resort would you recommend staying in?

Gravenhurst
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Single Mom with kids to Clevelands house

I havn't actually stayed at Clevelands House but have boated to it many, many times. Locally it is known just as ' Cleves'. There seems to be lots of activity at the water. Ski and boarding lessons, banana boat rides are available. There are always lots of teens and pre teens around. The boathouse grill has excellent burgers and a large eating area on the roof. The view is wonderful. There is a huge resort being built next to Cleveland's called Red Leaves. I think they have purchased the Clevelands site. I hope thy respect the old girl. It's one of the few remaining grand hotels on the lakes.

Enjoy.

Gravenhurst
Level Contributor
78 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Single Mom with kids to Clevelands house

Just a little extra note. The boat house is also known to be the drop by spot for many celebrities who have cottages in the area. Keep watch and you never know who you will run into.

Toronto
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Single Mom with kids to Clevelands house

hey there, thanks for your quick response.

Have checked out the Red Leaves, they seem to be a Marriott affiliate and an ownership thing....if you have any other recommendations for a resort with tween/teen/mom, thx.

4. Re: Single Mom with kids to Clevelands house

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 August 2009, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Minett