We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to Minett recently

Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
632 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Has anyone been to Minett recently

I saw a new Marriott Hotel in Minett which looks great. It has not been reviewed on TA yet. I was wondering about the area--things to do, the town and the drive from toronto. Any info would be helpful. Thanks

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,217 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to Minett recently

Hi;

You can read the hotel's reviews here on TA;

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g182184-d109998…

This hotel is located east of Mactier Ontario which is approx. 120 miles / 192 km north of Toronto.

Best Regards

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Waupaca, WI
Destination Expert
for Gay Travel
Level Contributor
632 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to Minett recently

Thanks. i had trouble finding it on the search engine--i am usually much better with computers. :-)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,217 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to Minett recently

You're Welcome !

Searching for it may have something to do with the name, The Rosseau, A JW Marriott Resort.

Best Regards

Gravenhurst
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to Minett recently

the new red Leaves Marriott hotel is in Port Sandfield..... not Mactier... Red Leaves opened in the fall of 2008. I don't think its' fully open yet.

It is beside the historic Clevelands House. Marriott has purchased it and I hope they are going to respect it's history and maintain it. Great spot on the water to have a drink and lunch at Frac shack.

Lots of water activities available.

It's on Lake Rosseau, one of the three main Muskoka lakes - Lake Muskoka / Lake Rosseau / Lake Joseph.

Port Sandfield is a historic village, built at the passage between Lakes Rosseau and Joseph.

Close by is Port Carling. Lots of interesting summer shops.

Check out websit for 'the Real Muskoka ' and or Muskoka Tourism is another spot to check.

The best way and most interesting travel from Toronto is Hwy 400 to Barrie and then Hwy 11 N , through Gravehurst to Bracebridge, Hwy 118 to Port Carling. The turn to Red Leaves is District rd #7

Ideas for things to do - check out the Seqwun steamshp cruises in Gravenhurst, There is also a fabulous interactive museum called Grace & Speed.

Muskoka Wildlife Centre is a great day trip - check out their website. There are great day trips in area. If you have children they would enjoy visiting Santa at his summer home - Santa's Village.

Bethune House in Gravenhurst is historical turn of the century house where Dr. Norman Bethune was born.

There is a drive that will take you around the main lakes. Lot's of smaller lakes to enjoy too.

what sort of activities are you looking for?

jot me a note if there's anything I can help with.

P.S. my picture is my dog' Murphy McCabe' enjoying a cruise on Lake Muskoka.

Mentioned in this post
Clevelands House
Clevelands House
407 Reviews
Minett, Canada
Port Carling
Port Carling
Muskoka Lakes, Canada
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,217 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to Minett recently

Hi Muskokie;

I didn't say that the hotel was located in Mactier...I stated that is was located EAST OF Mactier.

The OP was asking about "a new Marriott Hotel in Minett"

From the hotel's website;

The Rosseau, A JW Marriott Resort & Spa

P.O. Box 31, 1050 Paignton House Road

Minett, Ontario P0B 1G0

marriott.com/hotels/…

From the Red Leaves website, it appears that this division is a condo set-up that is seperate from The Rosseau hotel operation.

www.redleavesmuskoka.com/engine.cfm?i=50

Best Regards

6. Re: Has anyone been to Minett recently

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 23:19
Get answers to your questions about Minett