We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Info regarding the Muskoka area

Which Minett hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
nj
Level Contributor
311 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Info regarding the Muskoka area

I am thinking about staying in the Minett or Muskoka region in late August. Can anyone give me some insights into the difference in these areas including golf, swimming and other things to do. I was looking at the Taboo and JW Marriott.

Thanks.

3 replies to this topic
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
17,093 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Info regarding the Muskoka area

Minett is in Muskoka. there's not much to it ... basically a general store, marina, etc. The area is pure cottage country - ,lots of million dollar summer homes, old & new, perched on the rocky shorelines of Lake Rosseau and Joseph. There are many golf courses.

Taboo is further south east of Minett, on Lake Muskoka itself. Close to Gravenhurst - a good sized town.

Why don't you do some research on the area:

http://www.discovermuskoka.ca/

Toronto, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Info regarding the Muskoka area

I can't speak to Taboo, but my experience with JW Marriott Rosseau was extremely negative. It's not a place that I'd return to or recommend. Quite frankly, there aren't that many good resorts in Ontario from my experience. There are some very good ones in New York state.

As for Minnett, as the other poster noted, there isn't much going on, but there is a lake. You'll find more happening in Hunstville.

Edited: 23 July 2014, 22:52
Toronto
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
3,936 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Info regarding the Muskoka area

Crispin T, this question is from a year ago, the OP was planning a trip for August 2013.

Reply to: Info regarding the Muskoka area
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Minett