We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How exciting is the bluenose sailing?

Which Lunenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
848 posts
106 reviews
Save Topic
How exciting is the bluenose sailing?

Is it a rail down lets go to windward sailing trip or is it a ho hum tourist thing? Reason I ask is that I live in a Southern city (charleston sc and we have a sailboat that goes around the harbor 0 but it just drifts around and sails a little down wind).

what is the Blue nose like?

Anyone been on board?

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
764 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How exciting is the bluenose sailing?

Not very exciting at all. I hate to say it, but this is from someone who "really" sails (international offshore races). They never raise all of their sails and always have the motor on. And they don't go out if it's raining or with even a hint of fog. The boat is handled with kid gloves.

All that being said, the Bluenose is still an amazing and beautiful vessel on which to sail. She is the symbol of Nova Scotia around the world, representing excellence in ship design, ship building and seamanship. If you're lucky enough to find her in port, do take a sail.

But if you're looking for an exhilerating sail, go out in the Eastern Star in Lunenburg. Keith will usually go out at the same time as the Bluenose so you'll end up with a really fun sail, and some great photos of the Bluenose as well.

2. Re: How exciting is the bluenose sailing?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 05:30
Get answers to your questions about Lunenburg