We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is no AC going to be a problem?

Which Lunenburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
80 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Is no AC going to be a problem?

We are looking at some B&Bs and many do not have AC in Lunenburg. Is this going to be a problem in mid-late July??? Or is the sea breeze and fans good enough? We're from Toronto.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

It could be a bit of a problem, though seemingly unlikely:

weatherspark.com/averages/28145/7/Lunenburg-…

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,099 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

I the windows open and there are fans you should be fine. Check the reviews and see if anyone has complained. We get by just fine with fans and cross ventilation and we are not beside the cold Atlantic Ocean.

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

We stayed in Lunenburg at a B+B called "The Arbour VIew Inn" in mid-August and the room had no A/C. Thankfully the weather wasn't too humid and with the windows open and a fan provided the room wasn't bad for sleeping at all. The only way you'll have a problem is if it's muggy out....which does happen but I don't think it's as bad as it is in Southern Ontario.

By the way, The Arbour View was really nice. It was about a 7 minute walk to downtown. The property was on about 1/2 acre and the home itself was beautiful. The owners Peter and Cindy were very helpful, kind as could be and made a very nice breakfast as well.

http://arborview.ca/

Truro, Canada
Level Contributor
503 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

It's always difficult to answer weather-related questions because our NS weather is so changeable. Normally our evenings tend to cool down for good sleeping conditions but....as sure as anything, you might arrive in a heat wave! Ceiling fans are always a good amenity in the summer so ask your B&B host about this possibility.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

I think it depends on your tolerance for hot weather!

I have friends who live on the ocean near Lunenburg and it was 34 deg Celcius there on the weekend. We were in Lunenburg on July 6th in the middle of a four day heat wave and I would not stay anywhere without air conditioning, even if it meant paying extra.

The A/C recently broke down in my car and I've been miserable as I don't enjoy the heat!

Today, it was much cooler, but we it is typical here for the weather to change from cool ocean breezes back to miserable hot humid weather and back again every 3 to 4 days.

If you want to be comfortable - go for the Air Conditoning rooms just in case!

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
80 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

Thanks all. We ended up changing our reservation to a B&B with AC. We can't tolerate heat!

West End, North...
Level Contributor
3 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

I am from the states and have visited NS for 40 years, I never had ac. It would only be needed about 5 days in a year. All of those days would be ok with a fan and lake to swim in.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,747 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

bluesail57 - please pay attention to OP post dates...this is from 2013.

9. Re: Is no AC going to be a problem?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 January 2017, 11:17
Get answers to your questions about Lunenburg