We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel itinerary

Toronto
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Travel itinerary

We are travelling as a family to a wedding in Sandpoint Idaho.

Flying into Calgary Airport early in the morning. We are renting a car and driving down. We were thinking of driving through Banff then driving along to hwy 93 through Kootenay National Park. We would like to stop and break up the trip a few times during the day and would like to find accommodation for the night (perhaps two nights). All suggestions as to what to see and do are welcome.

we are from Ontario and would like to take as much in as possible.

Penticton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,885 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel itinerary

hi

it is only 8 hrs of driving but lots to see https://goo.gl/maps/dV3gn

if you want 2 nights my suggestion would be Banff and then next day drive to Lake Louise and backtrack to 93 with a stop in Kimberley (or Cranbrook)

for 1 night I would look at Invermere or Fairmont Hot Springs.

British Columbia...
Level Contributor
605 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel itinerary

There is more places to stay in Radium Hot Springs than Invermere. Stop in Radium fir a soak in the Hot Pools after the flight and drive. Easy drive to Sandpoint the next day, you will cross the border at Kingsgate which should be just a short stop. A stop at Fort Steele will give a nice break and you can get lunch there or go into Cranbrook.

Enjoy Sandpoint a beautiful place for a wedding.

Toronto
Level Contributor
9 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel itinerary

Thank you both for the suggestions! It is a relatively short drive but being from Ontario I would like my kids to see as much of the mountains as possible. I will have a look at your suggestions but I might be back with more questions :-)

4. Re: Travel itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 April 2017, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Kootenay Rockies