We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

are there any flights to Fort Nelson?

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
are there any flights to Fort Nelson?

Trying to book a flight to Fort Nelson from anywhere in Canada and can't find one. there is an airport but I can't find an airline that goes there, does anyone know of one?

5 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,412 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: are there any flights to Fort Nelson?

A quick google search for "Fort Nelson, BC airport" got this: northernrockies.ca/EN/…airport.html , complete with a link to the one airline company that flies in there.

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: are there any flights to Fort Nelson?

thanks so much. whew...very expense even from Calgary. We are originating in Philadelphia.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: are there any flights to Fort Nelson?

As far as I know, Central Mountain Air is the only airline that flies into Fort Nelson. There may be a number of private charter planes that service the town - that could be worth looking into if you really need to get there.

//Just saw your response above. I haven't priced it out, but you could also look into flying into Fort St. John and then renting a car and driving to Fort Nelson. It's a bit of a long haul - 240 miles - but I thought I'd throw that in as another option.

Edited: 13 June 2013, 03:38
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
13,174 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: are there any flights to Fort Nelson?

Trying to fly into a place as small and remote as Fort Nelson is going to to be expensive. Fly into the little regional "hub" of Fort St. John and drive from there. It's an option....

Absolutely none of my business.....but why are you going to tiny little Fort Nelson?

Medford, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: are there any flights to Fort Nelson?

Thanks for all the help. I am giving my son a ticket for his birthday to go visit his brother in Muncho Lake. the car is exactly what we are going to do either from Whitehorse or Fort St. John. He is a photographer so we figure there are a lot of photo ops along the way he can see.

Reply to: are there any flights to Fort Nelson?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Fort Nelson