We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

fields is a cool small town

Which Field hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
calgary
1 post
Save Topic
fields is a cool small town

heya everyone... I just found this website online with a bunch of information specifically for the town of Field, British Columbia in Yoho National Park. The website has a bunch of write ups on things to do, and also where you can stay.... there's a bunch of guest houses in Field.

[url]http://www.field.ca[/url]

http://www.field.ca

I stopped in Field a year ago on my canadian rockies trip and really liked it. It's a small town... but really peaceful and beautiful!

And yoho has some wicked hiking. The mountains there are huge!

anyway.,... just wanted to pass that alone for anyone who's thinking about hitting the canadian rockies this summer. Field seems like a nice change from busy banff.

1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: fields is a cool small town

Thanks for that website. We were looking for a guesthouse or bed and breakfast in Field when we were preparing for our hiking trip to Yoho, recently. We knew that there had to be some type of accommodation there, but could not find anything on the internet. When I checked the website, I found a whole bunch of places to stay. Unfortunately, they were all taken up for the days we wanted. We ended up staying at West Louise Lodge. It was not the greatest. Very noisy. I plan to return to Field to do more hiking in the area, so at least now I know where to look for accommodation. Much appreciated. The website had some really good information about Field, as well.

New Hampshire
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: fields is a cool small town

I have tried to make reservations in Field and most every place is booked for the dates I am trying. Has anyone stayed at these places and if so what can you tell me since they do not have web sites or photos to look at: Alpenglow, Old Doctors House, Waterfall Guesthouse, Mt. Burgess Inn, and the Lynx Lair?

Thank you,

Summer Traveller

lost in Ohio
Level Contributor
2,247 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: fields is a cool small town

The best places book up well in advance. I would recommend trying in Lake Louise, which is not too far to be based for a hiking trip in Yoho. The other places are, um, rather "down market"

4. Re: fields is a cool small town

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 13:18