We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yoho National Park

Which Field hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
perth uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Yoho National Park

Is it possible to drive a 25ft RV in Yoho National Park to get access to Takkakka Falls and Wapta Falls? Also I hear that it is difficult to book places to see the Burgess Shale,would there be any chance if I tried to book for June now?

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,722 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yoho National Park

The reservation telephone line does not open until May 1st. Details about the hikes and how to book are here:

pc.gc.ca/pn-np/bc/yoho/natcul/natcul15.aspx

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,507 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yoho National Park

I think a 25' rv would be ok. There is a switchback road to Takkakaw but we did it with a 45'bus so I think you'd be fine. There is also a small display of the Burgess Shale at the Yoho Visitors Center just within the boundary from AB to BC

Canmore, Alberta
Destination Expert
for Canmore
Level Contributor
1,144 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yoho National Park

As long as you are comfortable driving the RV you should be okay. If you are not comfortable driving it, then you may have issues.

We have had to sit and wait for quite some time before being able to continue on the road while someone has been trying to navigate that obviously was not very experienced in driving an RV. There are signs posted at the switchbacks illustrating how to do it, you basically have to drive backwards on some sections to navigate it.

Cheers

perth uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yoho National Park

Thanks for information on Burgess Shale.However I spotted an article on tripadvisor about the fitness required and I think it rules me out. I would have loved to have gone there though.

perth uk
Level Contributor
43 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yoho National Park

Thanks for information on Burgess Shale.However I spotted an article on tripadvisor about the fitness required and I think it rules me out. I would have loved to have gone there though.Thanks also for the posts about Yoho. It has reassured me. I will look forward to the trip now.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
17,722 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yoho National Park

Perhaps you are referring to this recent topic thread?

tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g182193-i2955-k4166…

(I thought I'd add a link to it from this thread, in case it may assist others reading about the Burgess Shale hikes in the future...)

7. Re: Yoho National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2013, 10:15