We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake O'Hara trails - help me choose

Eastern Connecticut
Level Contributor
284 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Lake O'Hara trails - help me choose

I am sooooo elated because we (2 couples) have been fortunate to snag seats on the 8:30 a.m. bus for one day during the 1st week of Aug!!!! Now I need help figuring out which trails to hike. I've seen the map from Parks Canada but would appreciate some personal advice.

I've seen references to the "alpine circuit" but am not sure exactly what trail(s) that is or if it is within our abilities. Of the rest of the trails on the map I'm thinking we will have time for 2 out of these 3: Lake Oesa, Obabin Plateau circuit, or Lake McArthur.

Right now, the trail reports show significant snow in much of the area...sure hope that changes in the next 3-4 weeks...

If you've been there, what would be your recommendation and why? Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Canada
Canada
North America
Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
200 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Lake O'Hara trails - help me choose

Just though I'd report back. We ended up taking the Opabin Plateau trail based on the guide's recommendation. It was a very steep walk up but we managed it.

The larch trees were amazing!

We got lost among the woods, and ended up taking the original route back though.

All in all, it was a great hiking tour!

12. Re: Lake O'Hara trails - help me choose

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 April 2018, 17:18