We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gibson's landing

Which Gibsons hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cebu City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Gibson's landing

Now. I'll be staying in Vancouver for the month of august. I'll be going around Vancouver, as well as spending a day at Victoria Island. While I was searching for things to do aside from the city of Vancouver, and Victoria Island I came across this to place (Gibson's landin). How far are this Island from Vancouver? what other things can I do aside from camping? Is it worth going there? Wanna point it out to you guys that my friend and I are going to be in and out the island in one day. :)

15 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,479 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gibson's landing

Gibsons is a very small town on the Sunshine Coast. It is not on an island. You would take the #257 bus from Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay, then a ferry for 40 minutes to Langdale ferry terminal. Not sure how you would make your way for the 6 km to Gibsons without a car It would be a day trip.

www.bcferries.com

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gibson's landing

In Gibsons check out Molly's Reach and ask for the "Bruno Gerussi Burger" with a side of "Relic Fries".

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Gibson's landing

You can take a public bus from the ferry terminal to Gibson's and even as far as Sechelt if so desired , the busses are timed to coincide with the derry arrival times

Edited: 31 May 2013, 15:51
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,582 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gibson's landing

Ok. Vancouver Island is a very large place. You are only going for one day, so you are most likely going to Victoria.

Are you looking to go to the Sunshine Coast (Gibson's is a town at the southern tip of the coast.) for a day trip as well? Are you looking for day trip ideas from Vancouver only? You mention camping. Are you interested in places you might go for a weekend of camping? Do you have a car?

A bit more information would help us to help you.

I used to work with someone who lived in Gibsons. There's quite a large batch of commuters who come across daily to work in the city, so its not far.

Edited: 31 May 2013, 15:58
vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gibson's landing

Half an hour bus ride from downtown (#257 HB express) and then a 40 minute ferry trip to Langdale , where you catch the bus to Gibson's and further afield as well

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
11,992 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gibson's landing

You should have a look at a map as you do your planning. Gibsons Landing is not on Vancouver Island.

Sechelt, BC
Destination Expert
for Sunshine Coast
Level Contributor
2,952 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gibson's landing

I am confused too. You seem to suggest you are interested in a day trip but you mention what else you can do here besides camping? Do you mean you are planning on coming here for a day and night at a campground?

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gibson's landing

I am just planning to go see these places bellow in Gibson's Landing. I don't have a car cause we are not from Vancouver or Canada so all we do is ride public transportation which are a bus or a train. So the ferry docks I hope there is a bus that will take me to these places (if there is a bus).

- Winegarden Waterfront Park

- Molly's Reach Restaurant

- stroll along Marine Drive

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
55,479 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gibson's landing

It would be better for the local posters who try to help you to know your usual location city. It would be helpful if you would go into your profile and change your location to your usual home location.

Gibsons, Canada
Level Contributor
77 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gibson's landing

Yes, you can visit Gibsons Landing very easily without a car. Public transit will drop you off in the heart of Gibsons Landing and you can easily get your picture taken in front of Molly's Reach. Stroll the waterfront, dine on a patio overlooking the harbour, rent a kayak, take a boat tour or visit the museum. There are B&B's that are transit friendlly or you can camp in Roberts Creek Provincial Park. On weekends there are free concerts in the park.

Reply to: Gibson's landing
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gibsons