We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

Boca Raton, Florida
1 post
Save Topic
Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

Hi, we are visiting BC from Florida and need to get from Vancouver, BC to Gold Bridge in South Chilcotin mountins. The price we got for minibus transportation from Chilcotin Ranch is $150 per person, one way. This seems expensive and we tried looking for alternatives, but they are not easy to find online. Is there any public transportation providing this kind of a drive and how much would it cost to use bus/train to Pemberton and then a taxi to Gold Bridge? Suggestions about any other way of getting to Gold Bridge will be very welcome.

7 replies to this topic
Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,165 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

I'm guessing the reason it is so expensive is that it's a pretty remote area. Access from Pemberton to Gold Bridge is via a summer 4X4 road - that would be a pretty expensive taxi fare, I'm sure. www.bridgerivervalley.ca/summertravel.html

I think your best bet would be to contact the Pemberton tourism office, or the folks in the link above - they should be able to answer your questions. http://www.tourismpembertonbc.com/

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

Drove from Pemberton to Gold Bridge last year. Really rough road and not one I'd want to make in a small rental car. In fact you would not be able to make that drive in a rental as the road is a dirt road and your rental contract will forbid it.

I'd take the mini-bus. Is the rate from Vancouver to Gold Bridge? If so I think that's not a bad fare at all. Either way the mini-bus would be the answer for me.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,653 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

I think that quote is just from the ranch to ? From Vancouver that journey is about 4 - 5 hours. If they come to get you in Vancouver, what will they charge for deadheading to do that? Say from the airport?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
12,068 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

My guess is the OP is going to the Chilcotin Ranch ( see link) and the quote is transport from Vancouver to the ranch , one way. Their address is listed as Gold Bridge.

http://www.chilcotinholidays.com/

they might quote you less if you can get to Pemberton from there it'll be about a 3 hour drive into Goldl Bridge.You can catch a bus to Whistler for sure and I believe buses go onto Pemberton.

Your other option would be to rent a car and drive as far as Gun Lake. From there you'd have to find secure parking and have the ranch pick you up. I haven't been in on that road for many a year so not sure what conditions are now. last time I drove it it was fine ( and I was in a small Toyota Tercel)

You could inquire about a cab from Pemberton or Whistler.. someone might be willing to do a flat rate for you.. depends on how many are being transported.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

4x4 rental your only option..i have mountain biked the Hurley Rd from Pemberton to Gold Bridge...freaking near killed me...most companies go nuts if you take 4x4 off road...

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,653 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

The OP has said this much: <<The price we got for minibus transportation from Chilcotin Ranch is $150 per person, one way.>> I hope they will clarify what it means when they say "from Chilcotin Ranch." I don't see a Vancouver destination in that picture at this point but the $150 cost certainly would indicate Vancouver.

Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,276 posts
429 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC

And for some reason I just have to say again that if the fare is from Vancouver it's a deal, it's a steal, just take the bus. The Hurley Road is the worst road I've driven in my truck and I often go camping off logging roads.

Reply to: Travelling between Vancouver, BC and Gold Bridge BC
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Pemberton