We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST

Toronto,Onntario...
1 post
Save Topic
I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST

make it to Horseshoe Bay Ferry/ Water Taxi by 23:30 hours. Given that I must disembark from the plane, go through the airport and find my transportation, which is the best route??? Taxi, sky train and bus......Please help, any assistance is appreciated.

K.G.

6 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Destination Expert
for Nanaimo, Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
5,291 posts
438 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST

Taxi out front of the arrivals hall

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,790 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST

Hi Lenny ~

Where are you planning to go from Horseshoe Bay? Do you have reservations with a water taxi company? There will be no ferries at that time of night. Not even sure a water taxi will be out at that time of night.

You will arrive at the Domestic Terminal, get your luggage and walk 2 minutes outside the exit doors to the taxi rank. The fare will be minimum $80 and will take about an hour. Public transit will be infrequent at that time of night.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,776 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST

Some taxi driver is going to Love You!!!

Two things to do beforehand-

-program the route into your smart phone-many of the YVR taxis are from distant suburbs and to them Horseshoe Bay is but a distant rumour-becoming completely lost isn't unheard of-be sure he takes the freeway.

-also program the contact info for the Horseshoe Bay Motel you may need it if your plane is late or you're waylaid somehow.

http://horseshoebaymotel.ca/

Edited: 27 July 2012, 04:55
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,790 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST

Man, that's the second time today I've not noticed the forum. There it is, you're going to Bowen.

The first ferry out of Horseshoe Bay for Bowen is 6 am. Goes to Snug Cove.

bcferries.com/schedules/…biva-current.php

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,556 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST

Mufti - you just aren't on your game tonight, are you? :> Says he has to be at the water taxi by 21:33. I'm guessing that part of the transfer to Bowen is sorted out already. However, the info for what to do if he misses it may end up being helpful.

Just in support of above, taxi is going to be your only realistic option and even that is going to be touch and go if you get held up at the airport. I'd suggest that you don't fly with checked luggage if you can - pack everything you need in your carry on. That will def. speed things up.

Making sure you know the way will be helpful. Sam mentions the freeway, but I want to clarify that you don't get to any freeway until after you cross all the way through Vancouver and over the Lion's Gate bridge.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,790 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST

I hope you're right, V67. It's not entirely clear, because of the "Horseshoe Bay Ferry" part, although why someone would need to be at HB at exactly 23:30 (he arrives at the airport at 21:33) without it being for a prearranged reason .....

This map might be pretty close to where the cabbie will drive: http://goo.gl/maps/Vsbr

Reply to: I arrive August 14 2012 @ 21:33 hours @ YVR and MUST
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bowen Island