We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Browns island vancouver

Which Bowen Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cebu City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Browns island vancouver

Now. I'll be staying in Vancouver for the month of august. I'll be going around Vancouver, as well as spending a day at Victoria Island. While I was searching for things to do aside from the city of Vancouver, and Victoria Island I came across this to place (browns island Vancouver). How far are this Island from Vancouver? what other things can I do aside from camping? Is it worth going there? Wanna point it out to you guys that my friend and I are going to be in and out the island in one day. :)

7 replies to this topic
calgary
Level Contributor
3,952 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Browns island vancouver

Don't know anything about Browns Island, however you are not going to Victoria Island as it is in the northern Canada - you will be going to Victoria on Vancouver Island.

vancouver
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,753 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Browns island vancouver

Think you must be referring to Bowen island not "Browns" island

Edited: 31 May 2013, 14:30
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,838 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Browns island vancouver

Hi Chantel ~

Bowen Island is a very small island near Vancouver. You take the #257 bus from downtown Van to Horseshoe Bay, then the ferry for 20 minutes to Bowen. You can then visit the very small Snug Cove which has some shops and restaurants, walk an hour or two through the forest to Killarney Lake and back, maybe explore Cripoen Park, then take the afternoon ferry and #257 Vancouver Express bus back ti downtown Vancouver. It would be a 3/4 day trip.

Vancouver Island (not Victoria Island) is far too big for a day trip. You could take a ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Nanaimo city for the day, or you could take a tour like Landsea Tours from downtown Vancouver to Victoria city for the day. You could spend 9 nights on Vancouver Island.

Edited: 31 May 2013, 15:01
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,838 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Browns island vancouver

Crippen Park, not Cripoen.

Cebu City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Browns island vancouver

Is it worth going to Bowen island for a day trip? Is there public transportation to go around within Bowen island? I heard that smallest candy store is there. that's one of the reasons why i actually wanted to go there.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
54,838 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Browns island vancouver

I think the only person who can say if it is worth to you to go to Bowen will be you. There will be some public transportation on Bowen. Here is the information:

http://www.bimbc.ca/transportation

The smallest candy store (according to them) is in Snug Cove right where the ferry docks:

http://www.candyinthecove.com/hello.htm

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
208 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Browns island vancouver

I think if it's a nice day and if you've spent a fair amount of time doing Vancouvery things in Vancouver, then Bowen Island is worth a day trip. There are some nice hikes to try and a few (rocky) beaches to sun on. It's not a place where you can do a ton of stuff, but it's a great, quiet place to go to relax and enjoy the scenery. Also, if you like sweets and you do end up going to Bowen, then make sure you check out Cocoa West http://www.cocoawest.com/ - their chocolate is awesome!

Reply to: Browns island vancouver
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bowen Island