We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
176 reviews
Save Topic
laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

I can see that there's a laundromat in Tofino, but I'm not finding any listing for a coin-op laundry in Ucluelet. It would be way more convenient to do it in Ucluelet if there's an option to do so. Can anyone tell me if something is available?

Thanks! (and what a relief to be down to planning the mundane details like laundry for our upcoming trip!)

8 replies to this topic
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,830 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

1636 Peninsula Road, but I think it is for sale. I don't know whether you can assume it will be open though.

royallepage.ca/en/….U8qfVPldXwY

Found a picture! I couldn't find a date on the add though...

Edited: 19 July 2014, 17:40
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

Since the laundromat is @ 1636 Peninsula Road and the C of C is 1604 they would know the details.

(250) 726-4641

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

Thanks SamSalmon. I'll give them a call. Funny how the mundane logistics of the trip continue to harrass me, but the family will turn on me if we run out of non-smelly clothes (particularly the teen daughter).

1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

Did you find out if they are still open? Heading there next week!

Ann Arbor, MI
Destination Expert
for Michigan, Ann Arbor
Level Contributor
2,155 posts
176 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

Hi--sorry, I've been off-line since we just left Ucluelet. The laundromat was still open when we were there, though I didn't need it because Wya Point had a small laundry facility that wasn't listed on their website.

Harrogate, UK
Level Contributor
1 post
181 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

Yes, there is a laundromat in Davison Plaza, just of the main road, close to the Co-op.

You need 3x1 dollar coins plus a stock of quarters. A wash is 3.25, a one wash box of powder is 1dollar (4x .25) and the driers are .25 per three minutes

Albuquerque, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

Use the one in Tofino. The one in Ucluelet is a dump. The washers are filthy. The floor is filthy. The wasye bins are full. And the change machine only gives quarters even thought the machines take loonies. And nearby businesses won't give change, so you have to hit a bank.

Edited: 28 July 2016, 19:13
Nanaimo, Canada
Level Contributor
24,830 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?

A very old thread!

Reply to: laundry facilities in Ucluelet?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Ucluelet