We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to after ferry docks ?

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
1,109 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Where to after ferry docks ?

Our BC ferry gets in at 10.30 PM and we will need to get to a hotel. Will there be buses or cabs available at the dock for transport ?

Any suggestions for accomodation that late at night ----nothing fancy as we get the bus out early next morning.

Thanks, Ken.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
9,286 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to after ferry docks ?

There is a bus-being a rural community not always terribly well organised but they will get you to where you're going sooner or later.

A taxi would be at least $20 from Bear Bay where the Ferry docks to town.

In order to book accommodation it's best to contact the local Visitor's Bureau/Chamber of Commerce http://www.ph-chamber.bc.ca/

Years past they acted as a clearing house-booking accommodations for visitors as it's an odd situation there with the town filling up/emptying out every second day (+ or -).

I see on their site they don't even give an email contact for general info.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
392 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to after ferry docks ?

Quarterdeck Inn would be my first choice www.quarterdeckresort.net and the Glen Lyon Inn second www.glenlyoninn.com.I would book ahead

Mentioned in this post
Glen Lyon Inn
Glen Lyon Inn
182 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
3. Re: Where to after ferry docks ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 19:28