We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport service: Ferry landing to centre of town

Which Port Hardy hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Topic
Transport service: Ferry landing to centre of town

I know this question was raised before. In August I will take the ferry from Prince Rupert to Port Hardy. The ferry arrives late at night. On the map I notice the landing is quite a distance away from the centre of town. I will be staying at the North Coast Trail Backpackers Hostel. Is there a shuttle bus service picking up foot passengers or does one have to book a taxi? Has anyone encountered this problem?

4 replies to this topic
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport service: Ferry landing to centre of town

The hostel has a shuttle service. Just contact them.

www.northcoasthostel.ca/get-here/

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport service: Ferry landing to centre of town

The hostel website is somewhat disingenuous-there is a shuttle that meets ferries from Prince Rupert but according to the Port Hardy Visitors Bureau-whom I just spoke to-the shuttle is a private service not connected to any one accommodation.

Of course for a price almost anyone will pick you up @ the Ferry dock @ Bear Bay-that's capitalism.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport service: Ferry landing to centre of town

That's The North Island Transportion shuttle, but I do believe the hostel does his own pick-ups. Contact them and find out.

You could always try to hitch a ride in town with one your fellow (car-)passengers.

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,415 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport service: Ferry landing to centre of town

Since we're on the subject of shuttles-Staff @ the PH Visitors Bureau inform me that while all Inside Passage ferries are serviced by a shuttle the Discovery Coast runs are not.

Reply to: Transport service: Ferry landing to centre of town
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted