We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

horse riding

scotland
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
horse riding

Where is the best 2-3 hour horse riding for views in or near Waterton NP we will be coming over from Many Glacies for the day and would like to take a ride in early morning.We found Mountain Meadow Trail Rides 15 mins from the park does anyone know if its any good?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,681 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: horse riding

I am not a horse person, I'm scared to death of them. So, I can't tell you from personal experience whether or not Mtn Meadow Trail Rides is "any good". But they have been around for quite a few years and are a family-run operation.

Kootenays, British...
Level Contributor
405 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: horse riding

I rode with Mountain Meadow a few years ago and found them good. Pretty quiet horses for the most part but there were some that were a bit livelier if you are a bit more experienced rider and could encourage them. Breathtaking scenery.

There is also Alpine Stables right in the park: http://alpinestables.com/. I haven't ridden with them but I've watched the tours. It is very popular.

Lacombe, Canada
Level Contributor
252 posts
105 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: horse riding

Mountain Meadows is owned by a local family south of Mountain View. They have been there for generations. I would say that they would be likely to have a bit less nose-to-tail riding than the in park stable. There is also Duce Outfitters. They are just outside of the park as well. Alpine Stables is also owned by a local family and they are really good as well. Likely you will enjoy any one of them. The views are breathtaking, so no doubt it will be enjoyable whichever way you go!

Calgary, AB
Level Contributor
68 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: horse riding

I know this is an old post, so not sure if I'm getting in in time? I did use Mountain Meadows in Mountain view and they were awesome. The one in the park is OK, but it is all tail to nose and slower.

scotland
Level Contributor
59 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: horse riding

Thanks we have booked the 2.5 hour trail ride with them is that the one you took?

6. Re: horse riding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 01:17