We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Glacier National Park

Which Waterton Lakes National Park hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Columbia Falls...
1 post
Save Topic
Glacier National Park

Are the roads open to Waterton ALBERTA?

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
5,202 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Glacier National Park

Are you referring to the roads between Glacier National Park in Montana and Waterton NP in Canada?

If so, yes. There's always the chance of nasty weather, but they should be well clear of snow by now. The summer border crossings open (or expand their hours) in May or June, so it's pretty much summer season. For up to date road conditions in Alberta: http://511.alberta.ca/map.html

However, there are currently some closures in Waterton - due to high stream flow/flooding potential some campgrounds and roads are shut (temporarily) and there is no re-opening date yet for the Red Rock Parkway.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,673 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Glacier National Park

Your best bet at the moment is to ask a park ranger or someone in St Mary if the highway is open to Waterton. The water levels are rising rapidly in the area and there is already flooding occurring in some areas. You will get more up to the minute information right now from someone who is right there. Second choice for me would be the highway reports and storm closure updates. I wouldnt be venturing to Waterton today, if it was me. Stay safe, if you're already there.

3. Re: Glacier National Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2015, 06:16
Get answers to your questions about Waterton Lakes...