We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping, tents, help!

Birmingham
Level Contributor
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Camping, tents, help!

Hi

My friend and I (girls, late 20s) are flying to Bergamo for tehe last week of May. We are going to camp. However, we have limited baggage allowance (15kg) so I'm beginning to think it would be easier to buy a tent, sleeping bags and a blow up mattress when we get there.

Question is: are there any big camping shops anywhere between Bergamo and Sirmione? We want it to be CHEAP!

Also, can anyone recommend towns/restaurants/bars/campsites that might suit a couple of girls who would like to eat and drink cheaply but somewhere pretty and fun?

Also if anyone knows of a cheap car hire company that would be great too!

Thanks for any help

Rosie

Lancashire
Level Contributor
110 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping, tents, help!

Hi, bit of a tall order but will try to help.

You will need to look at the eastern side of the lake as the western side will be quite quiet which will limit your opportunity for fun this early in the season.

If you target one of the bigger sites (look them up on eurocamp website) you should turn up and ask the many operators (eurocamp and keycamp will be two of many companies with pitches) what deals they will do on a tent for a week. This will be a better option than buying, transporting then I assume disposing of any tent you might have bought.

Cheap car hire in Italy? If you find a cheap car hire let me know when you get back, I ve been looking for a cheap car hire company there for 5 years! (although I do require a large car to fit all the family in)

However as with the tent scenario, I would go to every car hire company in Bergamo airport and ask for what the best deal they can do is. As it is early in the season you might just get a good deal.

Good luck

Limerick, Ireland
Level Contributor
858 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping, tents, help!

For tents etc try Decathlon www.decathlon.it. Two stores listed for Bergamo Province.

For campsites try www.eurocampings.co.uk

For car hire try Hertz Italian site or look up Bergamo airport and see what car rental companies operate there.

3. Re: Camping, tents, help!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 September 2009, 06:26