We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train - Milan

Highlands,Scotland
Level Contributor
49 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Train - Milan

Hi,

Will be staying in Lake Garda area w/e of 13th Sept, hoping to go to F1 race at Monza.

Will it be better to take train or drive to race?

If Train which staion would be best to go from, we have hire car and would have to leave at station.

Not booked accom yet for that week-end, will be staying near Verona first couple of days but would like to stay near lake from Sat to Tuesday.

Thanks,

Irene

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,139 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train - Milan

depends where exactly you are staying - e.g. Peschiera del garda is on the Venice- Milan trainline.

a ticket (return) to Monza is about €17. You could get Eurostarcity to Milan Centrale and a regional train to Monza

e.g.

dep. (Eurostar city) PESCH G 8:47 arrive Milano Centrale 09:55

dep (Regionale) Milano Centrale 10:20 Arr Monza 10:33

for more info on trains

http://www.trenitalia.com

Please note it is about 6km from the Train station in Monza to the race track.

I personally prefer to drive and from PESCH dG to the exit off the A4 for Monza shouldn't take more than 1hr. Have no idea what it is like on race day driving to the track or parking facilities.

Here's some info from Monza fro race day

www.monzanet.it/eng/come_raggiungerci_gp.aspx

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,211 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train - Milan

Driving to the racecourse the day of the race should be avoided like the plague.

Do take a train to Milan's central station, hence take one of the free shuttle trains that go directly to the Biassono station next to the racecourse (this is a special service running only the day of the race). The Monza train station is quite aways and much less convenient.

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,313 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train - Milan

To FF:

from Biassono train station are there bus shuttles for the circuit or do you have to walk? I'm not interested for myself as I normally go the circuit by bicycle or on foot, but just wanted to know just in case someone asks.

Grazie

FF
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
Level Contributor
12,211 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train - Milan

I have to admit that much as I love the Monza Park, I absolutely HATE that the racecourse is inside the Park, so I made a point of never going there when there is a race. So, I don't really have an answer based on first-hand experience as to whether or not there are shuttle buses from Biassono (there are shuttles from the Monza station though). But the walking distance is very short.

Monza, Italy
Level Contributor
6,313 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train - Milan

Thank you FF for your reply.

Yes it's true; the Biassono train station is not far from the pedestrian gate at Lesmo and Variante della Roggia (I guess they use them only for F1, never saw them open for any other race), but should someone wish to go around the pit-lane and parabolica area it's a long walk. That's why I wondered about buses from the train station to the circuit.

6. Re: Train - Milan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2010, 07:16
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda