We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Torre del Benaco

munich germany
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Torre del Benaco

I am staying at the Baia dei Pini, for 5-nights, next week, any tips on restaurants, shopping and scenic day trips by car,

would be appreciated

Many thanks lassi

Seattle
Level Contributor
906 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Torre del Benaco

Hi,

Here is a copy of a message I got this summer from "Tepore" regarding an excursion nearby Lake Garda. We weren't able to do this, but will try to next time! Have fun--S

Torri is in a good position for getting north towards Riva and south as far as Sirmione with lots of pretty towns inbetween.

If you do want something different though, I would suggest a visit taking inLago di Tenno, a very picturesque lake with water that is an amazing green colour. You can walk right around the lake in about 1-hour. If you google "lago di tenno" there are quite a few pictures of the lake. From there you can then walk to Canale a beautiful medieval village where you step back in time. There are no roads into the village and the walk is about 20 mins. from the car park at Lago di Tenno. It is certainly something different and quite unique. This a link to some information about the village - www.gardatrentino.it/cms-01.00/articolo.asp…

Lago di Tenno is probably just over an hour's drive from Torri, you also pass Castle Tenno on the way up the hill. You could then maybe visit Riva on the the way back. Or another untouristy town with a castle perched on a cliff is Arco, about 2km. inland from Riva. A bit of a climb to the castle but well worth it for views of the lake.

Hope this helps, if I can give you any more information please just ask.

munich germany
Level Contributor
207 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Torre del Benaco

Thanks.

It's definatly on my list of things to do, love places off the beaten track.

Best wishes from the land of the Oktoberfest !

3. Re: Torre del Benaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 March 2010, 05:22