We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Garda- how to reach and weather.

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Garda- how to reach and weather.

HI,

WE have planned to go to lake Garda and I want to know how I reach the same from the MIlan airport. R there trains and if so what is the link to the same.

How is the weather during April and May.

Since I have only 2 days of time , can i spend both the days in Lake Garda and or I intend to go to Lake Como for a day. What do you suggest. Also are there enough water sports In Lake Garda and what are all the places I can see in Lake Garda. ?

THansk.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,889 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Garda- how to reach and weather.

Peschiera del Garda and Desenzano on the south end of the lake are on the main Milan-Venice Intercity trainline so if you fly into Milan once you get to Milano Centrale you can get a fast intercity service.

www.trenitalia.com for trains

Weather April/May

Very unpredictable - especially in the north (e.g. Riva del Garda) where the local weather pattern is influenced by the alps to the north. Generally however this is the better part of the lake for watersports (windsurfing, sailing) as this area tends to be breezier.

Can see nice prolonged warm early spring weather but really is unpredictable. Hail storms not unusual that time of year. You can get everything. There will be those people who enjoyed a sunny week in the North late April/May and others where it rained/hailed even snowed. You just never no.

It is a personal thing but somebody asked me personally what I would do for that time of year I would say south/south east part of the lake (personal favourites Lazise and Bardolino - short bus ride from Peschiera del Garda train station or a €15-24 taxi fare).

Also as you only have a couple of days I would stick with somewhere relatively close to the train stations.

Sirmione with its old Roman ruins is a popular day trip for many visitors so at peak holiday times can get a bit overrun but after easter/early May would probably also be a nice time to stay. Also not that far from Desenzano railways station.

Also can take boat trips on the lake to visit the other towns.

www.navigazionelaghi.it/eng/gar/nlg.html

If the weather is nice you can also take a trip up the Monte Baldo cable car at Malcesine.

http://www.funiviedelbaldo.it/

Bus service for the east side of the lake

…verona.it/atv_www/…62-64.pdf

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Garda- how to reach and weather.

Hi, this will give you a general idea of the weather but of course it can vary a lot:

lake-garda-revealed.com/lake-garda-weather.h…

If you only have two days then it would be better to stay at one lake or the other but not both.

Whether you got to the north or the south of Lake Garda depends on the type of watersports that interest you. The north is better for windsurfing and sailing, the south is better for water-skiing, jet-skiing and motor boats.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,496 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Garda- how to reach and weather.

Should be typical spring weather, if it's sunny, warm during the day and chilly in the evenings. If it's rainy a light jacket will be needed during the day and it'll be quite cold in the evenings.

Belgium
Level Contributor
124 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Garda- how to reach and weather.

Hi,

thanks a lot for ur replies. will plan based on ur inputs :)

5. Re: Lake Garda- how to reach and weather.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda