We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

Suffolk
5 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

I'm a bit of a worrier - always am when it comes to holiday weather.

I've just made the mistake of looking at a weather forecast for the next week after tomorrow when I arrive.

And all I can see is forecast for rain, thunder and more rain until the 29th :-(

Is this normal for this time of year, or something to do with the lake location? Or am I just going to be unlucky. Certainly not what I was hoping for.....

Anywhen there at the moment or with experience? Maybe these are just passing showers.....

Someone cheer me up please.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,698 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

Hi, at this time of year there are often thunderstorms and heavy showers, but they don't usually last long. Don't rely too much on forecasts, especially for several days in advance - what is predicted and what actually happens are rarely the same.

Edited: 21 July 2011, 12:57
Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,029 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

If just thunder (as appears on www.meteo.it) these showers can be heavy but often brief. As said above forecasts for around the lake are barely accurate more than 2 days ahead. The temps appear slightly below normal but what I would give for the Bardolino forecast at the moment.

We normally expect temps in the 30Cs this time of year with plenty of sun and the odd thunder storm. Currently raining like hell as it has since Monday and weather not likely to change all week -highs of 16C !!

Suffolk
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

Raining like hell where? Garda or Munich....?

Stresa, Italy
Level Contributor
1,103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

The whole of Northern Italy is suffering with pretty bad weather at the moment.. two days ago, here in Stresa it was 18° and raining like crazy....never known it like that...

You will probably get rain but fingers crossed it shouldn't last long... but I have seen the local forecast doesn't promise anything very good.

Munich, Germany
Destination Expert
for Munich, Bali
Level Contributor
10,029 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

Chris - Munich - that's what I meant when I said what I would give for the Bardolino forecast.

burton on trent...
Level Contributor
99 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

We have just returned and I must admit that when I looked at the weather forecasts, I was a bit worried as well, although we have never had bad weather.

In the fortnight we were there, it was cloudy on 1 day only but still hot enough to sit round the pool and we only had about 30 minutes of temperali about 3am one morning.

It won't be as bad as the forecast

7. Re: Weather forecast - someone please reassure me?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 October 2012, 01:16
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda