We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lake Garda Weddings

Ireland
Level Contributor
88 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Lake Garda Weddings

Hi All. I was wondering if anyone out there could help me. I am looking at the possibility of getting married in Lake Garda in summer 2013. I realise that this is ages away yet but we're hoping to holiday in Lake Garda for the first time next year and our choice of location largely depends on where we want to check out for our wedding. I have been searching these forums for ages and while there is loads of information for civil weddings, I haven't been able to find too much for a Catholic Ceremony. Any interesting facts I've stumbled across ends when the authors use private messaging for the real info. We would be hoping for a small intimate church in lake Garda for about 30 guests including children. Would be hoping not to have to use a wedding planner as they seem to cost alot but maybe it is not possible to organise a Catholi wedding on our own. Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Solihull, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

Hello,

I'm also looking at doing the same. I've searched loads of sites. Without being cheeky, how are you getting on. Have you got much further. We also are looking at around sep 2013.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Regards Brad

Ireland
Level Contributor
88 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

Hi Brad. Ive done alot of research since and we have decided that we want to use a planner. Really because I want the peace of mind on the day to have someone local to deal with any hiccups. Its not so easy to it married in a church in the northern part of the Lake but its not impossible either. There are a few churches around the Torri del Benaco and Albisano (spelling?)area that look lovely and where non residents can marry. My suggestion is to contact a planner, Anna from we do weddings has lots of info on churches and was really good to reply to emails. She is based in UK so might be perfect or ye. Also try italianlakeswedding.com not to be confused with italianlakesweddings.com. The former is a website dedicated to weddings all over the Italian lakes not just lake garda with loads of info and links. They pass your details onto Sposiamovi and Angela who works for them is really good. We have almost decided to go with a civil ceremony in the castle simply because I have fallen in love with the idea but we wont discount the original church idea till next year when we plan to visit and check the place out. I believe it is possible to marry also in the church in Malcesine if you meet the local priest beforehand and ask his permission. From the photos though the church looks bigger than we wanted. If you want any info at all please pm me and I can send you my email address. I would be more than happy to share any info Ive managed to collect.

Solihull, United...
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

Hello,

Firstly a massive thenks for taking the time to reply to my messgae.

We've looking at taking approx 100 guests to the day. I know its a lot of people. Are you having your reception at the same location of the wedding??

I've tried to find a nice family run restaurant away from the tourists spots around the lake but am really struggling to find somewhwere to accomodate 100 guests.

If you dont mind me asking how much is the castle charging per head etc

Regards Brad

Ps sorry to be cheek again

Ireland
Level Contributor
88 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

Hi Brad, wow 100 guests. That is alot. The castle doesnt charge per head. You just pay a fee for using either the outdoor terrace or the indoor room. The outdoor terrace is €400 Monday to Friday and more at weekends. See www.malcesinepiu.it/ for details. We haven't decided on a reception venue yet but we will have only half your numbers so it will be an easier task. Wedding meals cost anything from €80/100 and upwards a head so our budget just wouldn't stretch to inviting too many more. I don't know what your budget is but have a look at this place http://www.villagionaweddings.com/. For your numbers it might be ideal. There are so many options on the Lake. You could marry in Malcesine and stay in Garda or Bardolino. You don't necessarily have to be staying in the place where you have your ceremony. There is a place in Costermano which is fab. See http://www.casadeglispiriti.it/. You're probably best deciding on a ceremony venue and then planning the rest around that. For accommodation I find it easiest to use http://www.gardaworld.com/. Its one search engine for contacting all the apartments or hotels in a town. Each place will email you back individually with a price. Might be a useful website to direct your guests to when the time comes. Have you thought about Verona? Let me know how you get on and if you want to ask anything else feel free.

Verona, Italy
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

Hi Jenzy

My friend got married on Lake Garda over the summer and we had a fantastic time. The wedding planner was excellent and got on really with the all the guests. My friend said that most of the great ideas such as venue, boat trip etc came from suggestions from the wedding planner. The day ran really smoothly and we were really impressed - so much so that they're going to organise our wedding for us (on Lake Orta though)!!! Check them out - Bestweddingaway, you'll find them if you google them.

Hope that helps

Canterbury, United...
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

Hey Jenzy,

We have recently married on Lake Garda and 'Lake Garda Weddings' were our wedding planners.

They are based in possibly the most picturesque part of the lake, Malcesine. I'm sure if you contact them they can give you all the information you need.

I would definitely recommend having a wedding planner based in the area that you want to marry. Local knowledge is so important and it's your wedding day! you don't need things going wrong.

Gwen, the owner, is English and all of the girls are fluent so you won't have any trouble telling them exactly what you want, and they will do the rest.

Angelika handled our wedding and she really will go the extra mile to make sure that everything on your big day lives up to expectation, I really can't sing her praises highly enough.

I hope this helps you and good luck

7. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 10 December 2012, 23:35
Basingstoke, United...
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

We used a wedding planning company gardaweddings.co they were fantastic. We had 58 guests. All our family and friends said it was the best wedding ever Chloe

Edited: 16 May 2013, 11:51
9. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 25 March 2014, 17:35
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lake Garda Weddings

Hi guys,

It was our dream to wed in Croatia and so we hired a company called IASNIKA Travel to help make the whole process easier. Lets just say it was far from easy to deal with them and as a result we now have to chase monies paid to them upfront. This simple thought of hiring a planner to make planning the best day of our lives easier and stress free has now turned into a nightmare. Just some friendly advice to do your homework. There is a lot of companies with really good reviews over there. Good luck!

Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda
Recent Conversations