We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ferries help -Sirmione

Dublin
Level Contributor
161 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ferries help -Sirmione

I have booked my hotels for Sirmione going in Sept I have just a few questions about the ferries, we will be coming by bus from Verona and staying in Sirmione for one night. We want to do some sightseeing around the town but would also like to do trips around the lake. We will be leaving late the next day from Sirmione back to Verona. Realistically how many towns could be fit in I dont want to rush it but it the towns are realatively near each other and the boats are fast we may get to see a few also I don't know what ones to see. Riva/Malcesine would be nice but I fear they would be quite long as they are so far up I heard 4 hrs on a car ferry.

Also is there a book of ferry tickets you can use or do you have to pay for each separately I heard a lot of trips can be €20 per person so we would have to pick where we want to go carefully as there will be 3 of us. Would we be better going on one long journey or doing a hop on hop off at little towns beside Sirmione. Sorry for all the questions just want to get my head around the size of Lake Garda.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,063 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ferries help -Sirmione

"Sorry for all the questions just want to get my head around the size of Lake Garda."

Hi, Lake Garda is 54km long, and its widest part, which is in the southern half, is 18km. It takes longer to travel around by boat than most people think. On such a short trip you'd be best staying in the southern half or you will spend all your time on boats.

If you check the timetable you can work out where you can go in the time you have available:

navigazionelaghi.it/g_download/…202012.pdf

One suggestion would be to take a boat from Sirmione to Salo then cross over to see Garda and/or Bardolino (you could do both by boat or walk between the two - it takes about 45 minutes along the lake path). Or the other way round - go to Bardolino/ Garda then cross over to Salo.

Don't try to pack too much in or you'll just spend your day checking the time.

You can buy a free-circulation ticket for the southern part of the lake. The details are here:

navigazionelaghi.it/g_download/TARIFFE%20PDF…

These tickets can't be used on the fast services (shown in red on the timetable) unless you pay a supplement.

2. Re: Ferries help -Sirmione

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 07:19
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda