We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transfers

Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Topic
Transfers

Help!

Looking at holidays for the uk to lake garda and many of the sites I am on dont include transfers, if they do, they are £100-£200 this is a lot considering its to be added to the original cost of the holiday

Is it worthwhile just getting a cab from the airport? Any idea how much this will cost?

Or can anyone recommend a company where I can book transfers / taxi etc?

Any help will be much appreciated

Thank you

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transfers

Hi, just out of interest, which sites are you looking at?

Thomson Lakes and Mountains and Crystal Summer (both part of the same company) as well as Inghams Lakes and Mountains all have transfers included.

http://www.thomsonlakes.co.uk/

http://www.crystalsummer.co.uk/

www.inghams.co.uk/lakes-mountains-holidays/

All three also have late deals which can be very good value if the dates are suitable.

Private transfers are expensive and the cost will depend where exactly on the lake you are going. I think you were originally looking at Limone which is about as far from Verona as it's possible to be on Lake Garda!

This company has been mentioned a few times recently in the forums so maybe worth getting a quote:

http://www.diy-hols.com/taxis

Many hotels offer a transfer service so check before booking.

Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Transfers

Hi

Thanks for your reply

Yes was originally looking at limone but that deal is no longer available

Have been on the websites you've mentioned but they are either over budget or don't fall on the dates I am able to go

I'm looking at Asda travel at the moment, they offer transfers but not for around the lakes

I'm currently looking at gardone riviera if that helps?

Found a legit site but its £90pp round trip

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transfers

Hi, which hotel in Gardone? Gardone Riviera is a small, elegant, very quiet town but I think some of the hotels with good "deals" are actually out of town.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
43 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transfers

Hi, just back from Garda, I would recommend Bardolino or Limone if I was going back. We went with Thomsons/Crystal and had transfers included.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
473 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transfers

Thank you for your post Robert. I am going to Bardolino in June and interested to hear why you recommend Bardolino and Limone.

Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Transfers

I can only go within my budget

I have seen many nice places around the lakes but simply can't afford them

This hotel was called Hotel Du Lac ... ?

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transfers

You can read the hotel reviews here:

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g194772-d3141…

The reviews are mixed but your hotel will just be a base as I'm sure you will be out and about every day!

Level Contributor
149 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Transfers

Yeah thanks I checked out the reviews earlier :)

My concern is getting there from the airport as the package doesn't include the transfers

Booking a private taxi online will cost £90 pp round trip

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,211 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transfers

According to their listing on www.booking.com the Hotel Du Lac has an airport shuttle service. You can send an email to ask what it would cost and compare it with a private transfer.

Glasgow
Level Contributor
43 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transfers

I thought that Bardolino and Limone are quieter and not as large as Garda. You can walk into Garda in 45 minutes, we chose to cycle in also. I think at night Bardolino would be nice for a meal, there looks like good restaurants, whereas Garda are very much of a likeness all along the shore. Shopping in Bardolino looks more relaxed wheras Garda is busy in the narrow lanes.

We only visited Limone for a couple of hours, but it is very scenic, with a lovely promenade, again quitter than Garda.

Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda