We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

Stourport-On-Severn
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

Hi,

we are getting married next year and are visiting Verona for 2 days then would like to stay on Lake Garda. We would like somewhere with lake views and with easy access to other places on the lake. We like to go out at night and enjoy live music but not "clubbing" just a nice relaxed atmosphere atmospereswith a few drinks. Where would you recommend to stay? Which side of the lake is best to stay on?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

Hi, a lot depends on what you want to do and see whilst you are there. If you want to visit a lot of towns around the lake then the eastern shore is probably best for getting around. Garda and Bardolino have good ferry services, though in May these will not be running on full schedules but you would easily be able to get around the south and to the west. There will only be a couple of services to the north but thats no problem as there is also a very good bus service up the eastern shore as far as Riva, which is also quicker and cheper than the ferry.

All the bars and restaurants will be open but you won't find too much live music just the odd bar or two who have resident musicians. From mid May there are usually open air free concerts in the centre of Bardolino with local choirs and orchestras.

Bardolino has a few nice lakeside hotels and often especially early in May there are some very good offers around.

hotel-du-lac-et-bellevue-bardolino.it/en/ind…

http://www.hotelvillaletizia.com/

http://www.hotelkriss.it/eng/index.cfm

http://www.hotelnettunobardolino.com/

These are the current bus and ferry timetables which will give you an idea of travelling times and distances around the lake.

…verona.it/atv_www/…62-64.pdf

navigazionelaghi.it/file/…202013.pdf

Edited: 26 May 2013, 19:41
Stourport-On-Severn
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

Thank you, I will have a good look at the attached links. We will want to have a look around the other towns and iconic landmarks around the lake. We did look at staying in Gargnano, however it did not look like there is a lot of transport links. I've been looking today at Parc hotel gritti, is this a good hotel?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

Hi, Gargnano is a very small town on the western shore but has you say, does not have particularly good transport links.

The Parc Gritti is okay and I think the reviews are fairly accurate. Its quite a few years old now and is beginning to need some attention. I believe they have already started refurbishing many of the rooms. Its in an ideal location, on the lakeside but only one or two rooms have lake views, but only 5/10 minutes walk from te centre. We have stayed there a few times in the past but now much prefer their sister hotel Parc Germano or the nearby Bellevue Hote, part of the Du Lac/Bellevue.

Edited: 26 May 2013, 20:20
Stourport-On-Severn
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

The Germano hotel looks nice, but I wasn't sure if it was a lot further away from the centre, I've just had a spinal operation and don't want to be too far away from local amenities just in case I am unable to walk very far. I think the area is what we are looking for, it seems to have the best for us location wise.

Stourport-On-Severn
4 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

Would you suggest to stay at the du lac or the bellevue part of this hotel? It looks really nice And great lake views. I don't want to stay somewhere that we have not got a lake v view from our room!. I've got a few brochures but have not seen a lot of the hotels on . Trip advisor, whom would you suggest to travel with. Do you use a travel agent or book it separately.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
5,280 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

Unfortunately the reviews for the Belevue are lumped together with the ones for the Du Lac and sometimes people don't actually state which part they stayed in, so it does make it difficult. We have only stayed in the Du Lac, all rooms have balconies and lake views. Apart from the rooms there is just a breakfast room and guests on half board have dinner in the Du Lac. There are no facilities in the Bellevue everything else, the bar, lounges, swimming pool and garden area are all at the Du Lac. Not all rooms in the Du Lac have lake views, some rooms overlook a camp site next door and I believe some of the balconies are quite small.

We always travel independently so I can't really advise on Travel Companies but I am pretty sure that both Thomson and Crystal Italy use the Bellevue.

7. Re: honeymoon next may, young couple, where to stay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 06:17
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda