We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lido Palace or Lefay Resort?

hong kong
4 posts
Save Topic
Lido Palace or Lefay Resort?

Hi - Has anyone stayed at either or both hotels who can give me colour as to how they compare and if they are a good base for Lake Garda. Any insight would be most helpful, thanks for your time.

Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lido Palace or Lefay Resort?

Good afternoon. We enjoyed a delightful holiday at Lefay Resort last year ( see my review dated 4th July) and indeed cannot fault the hotel. As I presume you are aware, the hotel is situated in the Upper Garda Park and as such you will need transport if you are intending to eat in Gargnano or Salo in the evening. There is a frequent ferry service from Gargnano during the day and the hotel shuttle will deliver you to the ferry and collect you on your return.

We had investigated the Lido Palace hotel but decided that we would prefer to be at Gargnano rather than at Riva and although there are fast ferries, they do take a little while to reach Riva. This may be a consideration for you.

We are returning to Lake Garda at the same time this year and have decided that we should like to be lakeside and have chosen the Grand Hotel Fasano, at Gardone Riviera, (not to be confused with the Grand Hotel) after viewing it from the lake last year. I will post a review on our return. We will be visiting the Lido Palace for the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts' Club event and I may be able to help you a little after our visit.

I see from your forum that you had enquired about the Serbelloni at Bellagio and I think you are looking for similar hotels to ourselves. I wish you luck with your choice and look forward to hearing of your decision.

2. Re: Lido Palace or Lefay Resort?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 May 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda