We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it raining at the moment?

Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Is it raining at the moment?

Anyone in Lake Garda at the moment?

We are travelling Wednesday to Lazise, the weather forecasts are all different one says rain weds- Sunday and another sunny. I know there are often thunderstorms and odd rain showers but travelling the same time of year, consecutively for a few years, we have never experienced them, so we've been lucky.

I'd just like to hear from anyone there at the moment? So won't pack unnecessary things as only a short break.

Thank you!

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

Hi, the golden rule is never believe a forecast more than two days ahead. Anything for more than two days ahead is purely guesswork as the forecasts change day by day.

I was in Garda a couple of weeks ago. Our hotel displayed a three-day forecast (as most of them do) and the forecast for one of the days was cool and with rain. In actual fact we had a warm, sunny, very dry day.

My fellow DE is at Lake Garda at the moment and she has had temperatures of 35/36 some days.

But the weather one week has no bearing on what the weather will be the following week. It's better to pack umbrellas and lightweight rain jackets for any time of year.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

The weathers good at the moment but the forecast is a quick shower on Wednesday, with more rain on Thursday, then sunny on Friday, but there's no guarantees with the weather you can only really know the day before what it'll be like.

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

We are in Garda at the moment. The forecast says it should be raining. It is not!!!!!! It is 30deg C and cloudless. just bring an umbrella in case.

Level Contributor
119 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

Thanks Guys - will back umbrella in case but always good to hear from people on the ground as it were! Am in temperatures of mid 30 at moment, so know how hot Garda can be, just trying to plan for the kids as only there a few days this time but like you all say, hard to guarantee weather more than a couple of days ahead, so will throw in a waterproof and set off on Wednesday!

Thank you all for taking the time to reply :)

Beverley, United...
Level Contributor
148 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

We have had a rainy morning today then small showers. Lot cooler today. Needed a cardi. Forecast good again for tomorrow and Wednesday. Very busy everywhere. We actually could be in Germany!!!!!!

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

Yes, Garda is very popular with Germans, don't worry about the weather I'm sure it'll be fine.

Liverpool
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

Is it raining more in lake garda ths year than normal? It seems to be suggesting more cloud and rain, even if its not right!

Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

hi I was just thinking the same thing...

the forecasts seem more showery and cloudy than usual for this time of year...friends of mine were there a few weeks ago and they had lots of rain...

we hope to go again soon please God as we are all missing it terribly but whenever we have been in Lake Garda in June or July we have always had the sun...or else a thunder storm for an hour or two ;-) which we all enjoy at this stage!

we'll have to pack everything...and a good book:-)

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,463 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

When I was at the lake in May/June, the lake was at the highest level I have ever seen. There were sandbags near one of the little harbours in Torbole. In several towns, some of the steps leading down into the water were actually underwater.

But I have heard that the level has been receding quite quickly in the last couple of weeks.

Edited: 25 June 2013, 12:29
Dorset, United...
Level Contributor
216 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is it raining at the moment?

We have been here now for nearly two weeks and have experienced every season, from 36degrees to an incredible thunder storm and snow on the mountains. At the moment we are sitting by the pool in warm sunshine and the forecast is set fair for the rest of our holiday. We have found the most accurate weather report to be "Weather Lake Garda" on Google.