We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which town to stay in?

Mellieha, Malta
2 posts
Save Topic
Which town to stay in?

which is the best place to stay in that has good public transport links? Will be going with my family and parents, it would be nice to stay in a family friendly place

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
8,138 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which town to stay in?

Where will you be flying into? What time of year and for how long?

Everywhere is family friendly but what ages are the children?

Are there any elderly people in your group? Some towns are quite steep so may not be suitable for anyone with mobility issues.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which town to stay in?

Desenzano is a good option because it's on the train line so handy if you want to do day trips to Verona or Venice.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which town to stay in?

I stay in Garda, right near the lake. Some tiny little inns near there, and you can go grappa tasting the next day!

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Which town to stay in?

Thre are many places to go grappa tasting in this area.

Kurashiki, Japan
Destination Expert
for Kurashiki, Cambodia, Myanmar
Level Contributor
16,098 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which town to stay in?

I know. I have been to them :-)

Mellieha, Malta
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Which town to stay in?

2nd week of Sept , just booked flights thought of staying in peschiera but cant find a reasonable and appealing enough hotels so thought of checking other places out. will be going with our young teenage children and parents. we definetely want to visit Venice and Verona and will be using public transport

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Which town to stay in?

Then Desenzano will be a good option.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
6,153 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which town to stay in?

Look carefully at where you would like to visit around the lake. Would your teenagers be interested in the Gardaland Theme Parks on the eastern side of the Lake? Do you want to visit Malcesine and take the cable car to Monte Baldo?

http://www.gardaland.it/park-en/

funiviedelbaldo.it/en/…Monte-Baldo_15.htm

If so, you would be better to base yourselves on te eastern shore - Garda, Bardolino and Lazise, all have good public transport connections for getting around. Nearby Peschiera del Garda also has a train station with connections to Verona and Venice. From the eastern shore there is also a bus service to Verona

…verona.it/atv_www/orari_extraurb/pdf/162.pdf

Edited: 20 July 2013, 08:34
9. Re: Which town to stay in?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2017, 05:38
Level Contributor
73 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which town to stay in?

hi minniemetro

just to add to the above suggestions, we would recommend a campsite called Bella Italia. it is in the town of Peschiera del Garda and it also has a hotel if you would prefer that. myself and my family, including young teenagers, have stayed here a few years. there are pools, sports, ice cream parlour, restaurants and supermarket and the location is great as it is right on the lake with buses passing the gate and the train station is in the town for visiting Venice, Verona, Milan and all the towns around the lake...

there are many beautiful towns on Lake Garda and i am sure you will have a lovely holiday wherever you decide...

Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda