We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mountain villages around Garda (southern part)

Saint Julian's...
1 post
Save Topic
mountain villages around Garda (southern part)

Hi, i am trying to find a nice mountain views locations to stay in lake garda on september, with young kids, browsing through all garda reviews, i got confused...Need help!!

we prefer to stay on the southern half as we are planning to go on day trips venice and verona,and we will be renting a car, so transportation not a problem.

can anyone recommend a village in this area not on the lake, just up hills ??

Thanks in advance.

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,987 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: mountain villages around Garda (southern part)

The southern part of the lake has hills rather than mountains. There are a couple of pretty villages above Torri del Benaco though both with beautiful views of the lake - Albisano and San Zeno di Montagna.

Edited: 20 August 2013, 08:28
Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
7,947 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: mountain villages around Garda (southern part)

Hi, I agree with tepore, Albisano and San Zeno have stunning views.

What kind of accommodation are you looking for - hotels, apartments, residences?

Above Torri del benaco is Le Torri del Garda which is great for families:

http://www.letorridelgarda.com/en/index.php

Other villages to consider - although not as ideal as Albisano or San Zeno - are Marciaga, Costermano and Castion which are all in the hills above the town of Garda.

3. Re: mountain villages around Garda (southern part)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 August 2014, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda