We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Map of the area around Lake Garda

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
118 reviews
Save Topic
Map of the area around Lake Garda

Has any one come across a detailed map of the entire area around Lake Garda. It appears to be in departments so i have to buy perhaps 3 to cover N,S,E and West.

We are trying to copy maps and stick them together as i would like to see and mark all the places i hope to travel to.

i am happy to buy a detailed map if i can find one.

I am amazed at the Lake Garda forum. Its very active and provides detailed information, with no sarcastic comments aimed at people like me with silly questions. Thank you for the forum.

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

I have the INSIGHT GUIDES to Italian Lakes but this does not show a lot of the south. has any one seen the Lake Garda and Verona Flexi Map from the smae company, if so is lake garda more detailed for this area?

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

A review for the lake garda and verona fllexi map says its great for verona but not enough detail for the lake area. Has any one seen a different map?

Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
5,877 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

We have never yet found a decent map of the area around the Lake, we once bought a 'tourist' map whilst we were there but its next to useful with very little detail. There are some decent downloadable maps on the Verona Tourism website.

…verona.it/en/…guide-books-and-leaflets

We have long since stopped wasting money buying maps and have now built up our map book, not sticking pages together just putting them in a folder. For this we have found http://www.openstreetmap.org to be the best, most detailed and easiest to copy.

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

Thank you I have had info from the verona.it before just tried now but the website is very slow but i will persist and agree its a stick, cut and paste blue peter job.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Costa de la Luz
Level Contributor
19,917 posts
272 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

I enjoy using Google maps as well as the satellite Google earth. If I want to look at a place in closer detail then if you have a reasonable internet connection you can zoom right in or even use Street View.

Of course if you have a device like an Android tablet or iPhone you can download maps from Google to be used off line. Not sure if you can get the entire Garda region on one map but for sure you can have 2 or 3 ! Then you can zoom in and out to look at places off line.

Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

Kompass map 102 covers the whole lake at a scale of 1:50000.

travel.stanfords.co.uk/maps/Kompass%20102

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

Thank you very much for the information but having looked at it it does not go far north enough.

I have managed to photo copy some maps and glue them together, and i am currently making my own travel map, bit scruffy but with my GPS and travel books and maps I should cope. Never got a blue peter badge though!.

Thank you once again.

London, United...
Level Contributor
70 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

I did purchase an offline map of lake garda which was dire. I tried many times to find a very well known hotel or even the street without success. The search engine had some hotels named while others were just called 'hotel' so i could not find it. A second search for another another hotel another location was the same. we both gave up the search and wont use it.

We have come to the conclusion that there is not A single map of the area we want to cover. My home made map and gps is all we need.

Thank you for the suggestion.

9. Re: Map of the area around Lake Garda

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 August 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Lake Garda