We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

upstate NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

We are looking for two bedrooms, cheap, in July somewhere on the Cape. We would love a cottage rental, but we are staying from a Thursday to a Monday, and cottages we found were Sat to Sat. Has anyone heard of Clapp's? We could afford two rooms there-

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
37 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

Not for cottages, but hotels,

You might want to grab a "Traveler Discount Guide" found

free at some, not all, McDonalds. They have coupons which

can make the summer season more affordable.

www.RoomSaver.com

You can also print out coupons online but it is easier to

just get the entire book.

The coupon book is only good for a month or two.

Oceanwaves

------------

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
307 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

Cottage rentals in high season are going to require a week`s stay. Your best bet may be to get 2 adjoining hotel/motel rooms. A possible option is The Best Value Inn on Main Street in Hyannis. Go to the search box at the top of this page and enter Best Value Inn Hyannis and read the very good tripadvisor reviews of this propery. The rooms are spacious, well maintained, and there is an indoor and outdoor pool, included breakfast and parking. If you click onto the picture at the top of the TA review page it will bring you to the Expedia.com page for this hotel. In July you can get Expedia rates for around $75 per night here. It`s in a great location close to Hyannis restaurants, shopping, the harbor and ferries to the islands.

upstate NY
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

Thanks for the tips. I called the Chamber of Commerce in Harwich Port and the woman there said that she had never received a complaint about the owner who has been in business for many years. I just went ahead and booked at Clapp's and I need to send in my deposit or cancel to free up the room very soon. If anyone else out there has any info specifically about Clapp's or the area of Harwich Port in general, please pass it on. Here's hoping-

Prestwick, Scotland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

Hi there from Scotland! We are two couples with high expectations of our vacations, and the September day we met Nancy and Carl Clapp (simply on the recommendation of someone out walking her dog when we were touring the area) was just one of our all time special memories. We each rented a twin with en suite and shared a kitchen. Warm, hospitable but never intrusive hosts, Nancy and Carl made us feel SO welcome, gave us fantastic local information, such as where to try our first ever lobster ( yum!)and our whole experience was just one of the most relaxing and best ever. The place is spotless, with every little detail thought of. Nancy even treated us so some of her awesome apple pie and when we left we felt we'd made friends for life. Read her guest book and you'll realise that we are not the only ones! Go, enjoy and you'll be so glad you made that reservation.

Lynne & Jim Ewart & best pals Findlay and Linda

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
1 post
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

As a matter of fact, YES ... My husband and I stayed there last summer over July 4th weekend and we just booked another weekend for the last weekend of June ... Our room is #8, with a queen bed, private bath AND private entrance. They have the main house and another house located behind the main house. We were in the latter. They do not have any two bedrooms rooms, (that I am aware of). Anyway, the Clapp House is in a fantastic location, just steps from downtown Harwichport, and centrally located to other attractions on the lower Cape. Nancy and Carl Clapp are very nice and Nancy is a great source of information of things to do on the Cape. The Clapp House is a great value if you don't need all the amenities of a full service hotel. For us, we spend all day exploring. Their grounds are very nice with chairs and tables scattered around the lawn. You can even grill there.

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

We visited the Clapp's in July of 02! We had a great time! Plus, the ferry to Nantucket is a bike ride away. You will be happy with your choice.

Middle Island, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

Probably too late for your post- but wanted to add about the Clapp's Guest House. I stayed there almost 2 years ago for a wedding. It was TOTALLY worth the money. Very nice owners, comfortable place, don't hesitate to stay there. I believe there was no AC, but the fan worked pretty well and my room had 2 windows and a nice breeze.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,174 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

Thrillcats...you really should look at the dates on these old posts!!! These folks have surely already made their plans and taken their trip to Cape Cod. I see you are new to the forum...welcome aboard! We look forward to your input in the future.

Middle Island, New...
Level Contributor
15 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

Yellowbird...

thanks for the post- I knew about the dates.

That is why I started it off with "probably too late".

I just wanted to comment on the B&B for future use by other people.

I've been posting in forums for about 10 years and I know something old info can be useful.

Thanks

10. Re: economical two bedroom, maybe Clapp's Guest House?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 22:16