We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Northeast...
Level Contributor
12 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Crow's Nest- good catch or throw it back?

I Was just wondering if anyone stayed or heard anything good/bad about Crow's Nest in North Truro? I had posted previously about my 1yr wedding aniversary and through the replies I was able to find this place. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

usa
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Crow's Nest- good catch or throw it back?

There are several glowing reviews on tripadvisor(good place for romantic couples) and the pictures look very nice. Very close to Provincetown for some nice dining choices.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crow's Nest- good catch or throw it back?

Nice location, recently renovated BUT....a friend of mine stayed there in May. The plastic handle, a $27 part (I actually called the distributor and got the price), broke off the dryer in the unit she rented. They charged her $245 to replace it. (A 15 minute handyman job..tops.) So you judge....I think it is a rip-off. It is a condo colony, managed by a large company who could care less about their guests and are out to make as much money as they can.

usa
Level Contributor
240 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Crow's Nest- good catch or throw it back?

While I certainly think that it is an outrageous amount to charge a guest, I tend to think the labor force on the Cape is notorious for overcharging.

For installing a 350.00 dishwasher we were charged 450.00 for labor. An extra 1400.00 for paint touch up(that was only a couple of inches) was added to a 7000.00 a/c installation. I could go on but that is not the point of the original post. All of these were disputed and the prices were dropped or decreased tremendously without any argument from the other side. I hope your friends did the same.

If they paid it, I hope they placed complaints to authorities..Better Business Bureau(?).

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,251 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crow's Nest- good catch or throw it back?

Since the stay was a gift to my friend (single mom with three kids..working two jobs!) she really could not afford the extra bill. She had many long discussions with the on-site property manager but unfortunately, the corporation that manages the place recently sent her a registered letter demanding payment. It totally intimidated her. I don't think she has it in her to stand up for herself. I am tempted to protest myself but I was not involved in the "broken handle" incident. I did suggest that, if she decides to pay, she should definitely write a review about the Crow's Nest on TA and relate the incident to others.

California
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Crow's Nest- good catch or throw it back?

Good catch.... I was just there july 14-21 st 2007 very clean nice little beach the owner lives there and is right on top of things beds are very comfortable we had a two bedroom suite with 2 full baths one bathroom with a nice jacuzzi tub. About 5 min from province town, there is also a nice vineyard there in Truro where they have a little tour and wine tasting that was very nice. I would stay at the Crows Nest again.. the pictures on there web site are exactly what you get.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crow's Nest- good catch or throw it back?

We've stayed there for more than 20 years on and off. It was once just a tidy little motel and now is a very comfortable condo complex right on the bay. We have not been there since last summer - couldn't get in for the dates we wanted this year. Very clean, small though but for 2 people would be fine. Manager on premises. Very convenient to everything and shuttle to Ptown right out front. On the bay beach although at high tide there's not much of the beach left. Very family oriented so if you're looking for a quiet, romantic spot this may not be it. The other comment about a large company owning it is right on. We began staying there when it was owned by a middle aged couple and it was very low key, casual and comfortable. They are clearly out to make money at this point and nickle and dime you when they can. All that considered though, I would still highly recommend it but book early.