We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nantucket, MV, Eastham, beachcomber questions

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
221 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Nantucket, MV, Eastham, beachcomber questions

Hi! Planning a trip from 8/17-8/24

We have been to the Cape before but want to try new places. First, we would like to spend 1 or 2 nights on Nantucket if possible. Do you have a B&B suggestion for $100-$300? That might be too cheap, not sure. We have been there before but only day trips and I am thinking the only B&Bs I noticed were in town, not on the beach. Any advice is welcome! I have never been to MV so if you have a suggestion for there, I will take it!

Next, we want to stay near national seashore and Ft. Hill B&B was suggested. If we stay there are we close to the beachcomber? If Ft. Hill is booked (with my last minute plans, probably) what else can you suggest in the area?

We want to spend days on the beach, eating lobster, nights walking around town (doesn't need to be as busy as Chatham) or having a fire on the beach.

Anything you suggest will help! Thanks so much!

Gina

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,271 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nantucket, MV, Eastham, beachcomber questions

The outer cape is not all that big so you can stay from Orleans to Provincetown and easily get around to the other villages. Fort Hill is in the National Seashore in Eastham, about 10-15 minutes from the Beachcomber....not a big deal. Good choice for a B+B....my personal favorite. I was very surprised to be able to get a reservation at Fort Hill over the 4th of July so give them a call...you might get lucky! But if they are full, try the local Chambers of commerce to see who might have last minute vacancy. Eastham Chamber 508-255-3444, Wellfleet Chamber 508-349-2510

You can also check out the chambers' web sites to get an idea of the accommodations that are available.

You can have a fire on Coast Guard beach, which you can see from Fort Hill, by going to the National Seashore Visitors Center and requesting a permit. Spending lazy days at the beach and eating seafood are what people do during the summer on the outer cape so you should have a fabulous time. Keep in mind that Fort Hill B+B is in a quiet location (not in town) about 5 minutes from Orleans,10 minutes from Wellfleet and 20 minutes from Chatham. If you are looking for an in-town location you should look at Chatham or perhaps the Stone Lion Inn in Wellfleet.

2. Re: Nantucket, MV, Eastham, beachcomber questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 04:20