We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report Part 3

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Report Part 3

Wednesday, 7/25

My Dad and his girlfriend checked outta the W Yarmouth motel they spent the night at and drove out to E. Harwich. Got there around 10:30.

We stopped at Marion's and placed an order to pick up later on in the day. Ordered 3 small pies, a blueberry/peach, strawberry rhubarb and dutch apple.

Spent a couple of hours in Chatham (what's not to love). Went into Black Dog and picked up treats for our furbabies back home. Dad treated us to t-shirts plus he found a pair of cargo shorts on the clearance rack for himself. $15 reg. $44, good deal!

Poked around the Ben Franklin store, picked up a few goodies.

Drove by CBI, so pretty over there! :-)

Left Chatham and went to Brax for lunch. So nice sitting out on the deck there.

Picked up our pies and spent a few hours relaxing at the house.

Clancy's for dinner. Didn't think my scallops were as good as they usually are. Somewhat disappointed.

Marion's pies for dessert :-)

Thursday 7/26

Another run to the Xmas Tree Shoppe. Found a few more things we didn't need, LOL

Then, we went into Brewster. I had wanted to visit the Underground/Karen North Wells Gallery, off of 6A. I had seen her work online a couple of years ago and thought wouldn't it be nice to visit the gallery. We ended up going the cheap route and purchasing about 6 5X7 greeting cards (to be framed).

Please, check out her site. Better yet, stop by the gallery.

http://www.karennorthwells.com/

Stopped at JT's (on 6A) for lunch. Pretty good :-)

Then we headed into Orleans to take pics by the Windmill

We were treated to a tour of the windmill, very interesting listening to its history, etc.....

Went to Cape Cod Creamery (Rte 28, S. Yarmouth) for an afternoon treat. Love sitting on the huge front porch in the comfy adirondack chairs enjoying my ice cream cone.

By this time, it was around 4:30 so we decided to take a ride over to W Dennis Beach. This wasn't a planned visit so we had no bathing suits, towels, etc.

We let the boys go in the water in their clothes. Honestly, I think this was the highlight of their trip. ;-)

Stopped so my Dad and his girlfriend could get tickets for the following day to go to Nantucket via the high-speed ferry.

Pizza for dinner (again).

Friday 7/27

Grumpy's (E Dennis) for breakfast. Boy, did we time it right. We got right in. Long line shortly thereafter.

Dropped my Dad/girlfriend off at the Harbor so they could catch the ferry. We'd pick them up back there at 8:45 PM.

The 4 of us went to Xmass Tree in Orleans. Naturally, we didn't leave empty-handed. We stopped @ Pleasant Bay (such a pretty area!). Really need water shoes though as there are a lotta rocks. Will remember that for next time.

Back to Brax for lunch. I had a 'Sandpiper' (pina colada with dark rum and kahlua). Yumm! :-)

Went to Grand Slam where the 4 of us went on the bumper boats (good thing we had changed into our suits). Talk about fun! :-)

Then, we went back to Skaket Beach (around 4:30-ish) and stayed for 2 hours. Honestly, that's probably the best time to go to the beach!

Packed what we could as we would be 'checking out' in the AM.

Naomi

Mentioned in this post
Harwich
Harwich
Cape Cod, MA
Chatham
Chatham
Cape Cod, MA
Brewster
Brewster
Cape Cod, MA
Wells
Wells
Maine
Orleans
Orleans
Cape Cod, MA
Cape Cod Creamery
Cape Cod Creamery
621 Reviews
South Yarmouth, MA
Dennis
Dennis
Cape Cod, MA
Nantucket
Nantucket
Massachusetts
Skaket Beach
Skaket Beach
348 Reviews
Orleans, MA
Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
537 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report Part 3

Hi Great post - Always enjoy your postings

Have never stopped for pies at Marions

What are the prices of the pies ? Which one would you recommend ? Have you ever tried the entrees?

How long is Grumpy's open ? Do they serve lunch as well?

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report Part 3

Why thank you :-)

Here's the link to Grumpy's, you can check out their menu. Plus, they always have tons of daily specials on the board. They do indeed serve lunch, open 'til 2. Funny, we've never eaten lunch there, only breakfast.

http://www.grumpyscapecod.com/

Marion's has so many pies to choose from, too many LOL

www.marionspieshopofchatham.com/menu.nxg

We tried the blueberry/peach, dutch apple, strawberry rhubarb while there. They're about $7 a piece (for the small ones). I'm not much of a fruit pie lover but I did enjoy the pies. We brought back a large choc. cream pie with us. I think my husband said that was about $15. Man was that good. Even our boys enjoyed it and that's saying something ;-)

We'd like to try some of the entrees, etc when we're there next summer. I'm sure everything's delicious :-)

Naomi

3. Re: Trip Report Part 3

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 September 2009, 12:19