We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod Central Railroad

Virginia
Level Contributor
200 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Cod Central Railroad

Hi. has anyone been on this train ride, how was it and were does it go.I will only be in cape for a day trip from boston would this be a good option any information would be appreciated.

Methuen
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
537 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

No

Search the site by putting in the key words just to the right of your thread.

It is a dinner train and one geared for kids

There is not much scenary

There are SO many other things to see and do .

Where are you staying?

Do you have transportation ?

Boston
Destination Expert
for Boston
Level Contributor
16,926 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

The Cape Cod Railroad didn't feel at all to me as though it was geared to kids, but otherwise I do agree that it's only a ho-hum experience.

AlanM

Newport, Rhode...
Destination Expert
for Newport, Providence
Level Contributor
2,378 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

Absolutely not....your car will be your best way to see the Cape.

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

They encourage you to get drunk so you won't remember that there was no scenery.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

LOL, Will...I think you're right! ;-)

Naomi :-)

Boston...
Level Contributor
5,748 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

Right on Naomi. By the way, I was just out in your neck of the woods last weekend visiting some friends. Nice area, but I think I would die in the summertime with the good beaches so far away. :[

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

That's why I need to move to the Cape ;-)

It's funny, we never go to the CT beaches. First of all, it's a schlep to Hammonasset Beach (so much traffic, etc). Plus, we're spoiled now, having been going to the Cape every summer for quite a few years w/ our boys. This way, when we do go to the beaches there, it's such a treat!

We particularly enjoy going to the beach at the end of the day, say around 5-ish. We bring a cooler w/ sandwiches (usually end up stopping @ Subway), drinks and snacks and end up staying for several hours. no crowds, no fee to park, no hot sun beating down on you, etc.

It's so much more relaxing........

Naomi :-)

Cape Cod, MA
Level Contributor
194 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

Don't spend your short time on the train. It is nice for a dinner celebration, but that is it. I never have really paid attention to the scenery. There isn't any.

Savannah, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,343 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

My parents and I took the Cape Cod Railroad this past October.

It was long, boring, and there were a number of ill-behaved children and toddlers scattered on our train car, with parents who could care less.

We took the train in Maine that goes from Bath to Rockland, and there was no comparison. Compared to it, the Cape Cod Train was old and busted.

10. Re: Cape Cod Central Railroad

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 08:32
Get answers to your questions about Cape Cod