We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cape Cod B&B help....

Connecticut
Level Contributor
55 posts
94 reviews
Save Topic
Cape Cod B&B help....

It has been several years since I stayed out on the cape. My husband and I and my 4 soon to be 5yr old son typically like to stay at a B&B or Inn when we travel. Would like some suggestions of places to stay either B&B or nice place on the water, central cape as we plan to cover as much of the cape and maybe MV. We plan to go for 3 or 4 days in early mid June. Thanks for any tips!

Cape Cod
Level Contributor
541 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cape Cod B&B help....

I can recommend a B&B in Falmouth, close to the ferry for MV and across from the beach at Fal. Heights. It is called The Inn on the Sound. It's an excellent choice for you and your family.Falmouth is on the Upper Cape, You mentioned the Central Cape, FYI That's called the Mid-Cape. Hope you enjoy your trip and have a ball!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
55 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cape Cod B&B help....

Thanks for the recommendation, checked it out looks great however they only accept children 12 and up :-(

London, United...
Level Contributor
136 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cape Cod B&B help....

Click on Hotels & Accomodations on the left of this page. Hit Bed & breakfasts and you'll get a whole list with reviews.

Early to mid june should be fairly quiet and traffic light if you're driving around the Cape.

Chatham is a great town, fairly central, altho not convenient to MV. Several nice B&B's in town. The Oyster Pond is great for kids, altho the water will be quite cold. Still nice for playing in the sand and getting your toes wet.

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,563 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cape Cod B&B help....

Take a look at the Bluefish B and B in Harwich. The owner posts here with helpful information from time to time but can't advertise. I just went to their website (bluefishbandb.com) and it looks like one of their rooms might be great for you as it also has a sitting area with a futon. Can't tell if they allow children. Harwich is a lovely town and pretty centrally located. You could make it to the MV ferry in Hyannis in less than 30 minutes from there (although personally I don't think I'd go over to MV on such a short visit to the Cape).

Would highly recommend visiting a Cape Cod Bay beach as your son would love to play in the tidal pools and it's somewhat warmer. Actually, some of our neighborhood children actually went swimming in the bay this past week when the air temps hit the 70s. Looked far too cold for me but they were enjoying it!

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,125 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cape Cod B&B help....

Hi There Sweetchic, Have you found some mid-Cape B&Bs that suit your family yet?

Here's some ideas, all pretty different from each other, where your son will be welcome. All are directly on the beach in W. Dennis or Dennisport so that you can enjoy that central Cape location that you want.

www.lighthouseinn.com (they have an "InnKids" program but it starts in LATE June with extra Kids activities)

www.bytheseaguests.com

The Beach House Inn Bed & Breakfast - 508-398-4575

If you select this area then you won't have far to go for kid friendly activities and restaurants.

Dennis Chamber of Commerce - 800-243-9920/508-398-3568. Try to speak to Spiro for additional questions.

Some motels directly on the beach too are:

threeseasonsresort.com (actually a hotel w/pool)

colonybeachmotel.com (also a pool) $90 to $155 per night when you are going in early June.

Hope one of these will give you exactly the vacation you want. Have fun.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
55 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cape Cod B&B help....

Thanks everyone for your help

Ccrosner the Bluefish looked nice but not a fan of the bathrooms down the hall from the room.

CapecodCharlie I will look into your recommendations.

Thanks Again for your help!

7. Re: Cape Cod B&B help....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 00:18