We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Favorite place for breakfast?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Favorite place for breakfast?

We recently enjoyed a fantastic breakfast at Cape Cup in Orleans. They also do lunch, take away, catering,bakery items (the Contessa's Chocolate Cake was unbelievable!), etc.

Everything (especially the blueberry pancakes) was delicious and fresh. Service was great (and it was a busy morning). This will be our new favorite place to bring guests.

They're on 54 Main Street in Orleans. You can check their menu at:

www.capecup.com or email at capecup@comcast.net

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

Great idea for a topic-starter, Fussyquest. And thanks for the CapeCup recommendation....they have only been open for a couple of years and I had no idea whether it was worth a try.

Our favorite breakfast place is the Brewster Coffee Shop on Route 6A across from the Mobil station. You can eat inside or out. I actually love their lunches (tuna wrap is my favorite) but my whole crew loves their omelettes and chocolate chip pancakes.

Others?

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

We've also enjoyed breakfast at the little place next to Friend's Market in Orleans...what's the name of this breakfast/lunch place? It's like being in a coffee shop of the 1930's. I love it there and the food is wonderful, very affordable (a bit less expensive than Cape Cup)...but what's the name of the place?

boston
Destination Expert
for Christiansted
Level Contributor
2,609 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

Homeport. It is the quintessential breakfast place...but I used to hate that there were lots of smokers there. Guess they're gone now and I should try again. Really great spot.

Canada
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
9,764 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

We often have lunch at the Homeport. Have always liked it there. I believe they serve breakfast through the lunch time too. The Cape Cup looks interesting. I don't remember seeing it last year. Will have to give it a try.

Buffalo
Destination Expert
for Buffalo
Level Contributor
2,312 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

Our favorite place used to be the Coffee Cup in Dennisport, but alas, it closed a while back. Now we enjoy Dino's in Harwich Port. Great pancakes, good coffee, friendly service.

Cape Cod...
Level Contributor
3,186 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

How about Noonies in Orleans...talk about a walk through the past! I remember going there many years ago with a friend. When Noonie asked how many pancakes he wanted he said 4. That was some stack of Pancakes!!!!

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

Yep, hubby & I stumbled upon Nonnies a couple of years ago. We were silly because my husband calls his grandmother Nonnie (needless to say, we took a pic of the sign by the road). Isn't Nonnie just the cutest?

We like Grumpy's in East Dennis

http://www.grumpyscapecod.com/index.html

We make it a point of eating breakfast there once during our stay.

Breakfast Room in West Dennis is just OK

Bonatts in Harwich was a real disappointment :-(

Seeing as how we rent a house for the week, most mornings we eat at 'home'. However, we do like to eat breakfast out a few times. Nothing like a good breakfast to start the day. Then, if you're lucky, you can skip lunch ;-)

Naomi :-)

Connecticut Yankee
Level Contributor
6,052 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

I'm not a huge Bonatts fan either, it isn't what it used to be.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

I agree with Pastiche, Dino's in Harwich Port is our spot for pancakes, eggs over easy and coffee. We'll be there next week! we used to go to Dino's when he owned ino's by the Sea in Dennisport - loved it there.

We're no longer big fans of Bonatts but try it once in awhile.

Hartford...
Level Contributor
525 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Favorite place for breakfast?

Sorry, meant to say "Dino's by the Sea"!