We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Great Pastry on the Upper Cape?

Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Great Pastry on the Upper Cape?

We rent a house in Pocasset and last year found that the local cafe's pastry chef (who was awesome) had left. Everyone in my family has a huge sweet tooth; someone used to make a run in the mornings and bring back fresh-baked scones and coffee cakes and turnovers, etc. that we would enjoy on the porch for breakfast. The chef also made amazing blueberry and lemon meringue pies and little chocolate mousses that we would enjoy late at night. Last year we couldn't find a really good place. The Beach Plum bakery was not quite what we were looking for; it seemed mostly muffins and not much else. I saw on one other web site that someone recommended Anthony's Sandwich and Pastry Shop in Sagamore. Anyone ever try it, or know of another good place?

Chicago, IL
Destination Expert
for Cape Cod
Level Contributor
13,756 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Great Pastry on the Upper Cape?

Not in the morning but perhaps worth one visit for afternoon tea time are the cakes, scones, pies and Scottish shortbread at Dunbar's Tea Room in Sandwich. 508-833-2485.

Maryland
Level Contributor
4 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Great Pastry on the Upper Cape?

I'll definitely make time for a visit to Dunbar's. Thanks for the tip.

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Great Pastry on the Upper Cape?

http://www.woodshole.com/pie/

Delish!

Naomi :-)

4. Re: Looking for Great Pastry on the Upper Cape?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2009, 18:17