We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Harwich Farm Fest 2008 - FREE & FUN!

Islesboro, Maine
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Harwich Farm Fest 2008 - FREE & FUN!

I live locally in Chatham and today I went to the kick-off of the Harwich Farm Fest, now in its 3rd year. I have not posted all summer long, but I wanted everyone to know about this wonderful celebration that has something for everyone in the family. Celebrating the local bounty of land and sea, this week-long event allows folks young and old to see some of the hidden treasures of the Cape - from private and public farms and gardens, to events at Wychmere Harbor including a rare visit to the Harwich Aquaculture Lab. You can pick-up a full event schedule/map at the Harwich Chamber of Commerce (located in the heart of Harwichport) or visit (http://www.harwichcc.com/event-farm-fest.php) for more info.

The best part? Everyone is at the beach during the day, so the crowds are small. The dirt roads you drive down to meet local farmers at their private farms transport you into old world Cape Cod. Kudos to the Harwich Agricultural Commission for a well-organized event. It's free and very educational and runs August 19-24.

Enjoy!

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Harwich Farm Fest 2008 - FREE & FUN!

It figures....we just returned from E. Harwich.

I love Harwich, I'd move there if I could ;-)

Naomi :-)

Islesboro, Maine
Level Contributor
310 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Harwich Farm Fest 2008 - FREE & FUN!

So sorry you missed it. Come next year! There are organic herb gardens, a 3.5 acre Japanese garden, cranberry bogs and more!

Another Harwich treat - the Cape Cod Lavender Farm - also in Harwich (http://www.capecodlavenderfarm.com/). My husband and I took our 2 year old last Sunday. We were the ONLY people there for a good hour. It was magical. You would not have known it was busy August on Cape Cod.

Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Newington, CT
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Harwich Farm Fest 2008 - FREE & FUN!

Thanx CapeMermaid for the info regarding the Lavendar Farm. Will def. look into that next year. Great for pics ;-)

Just out of curiosity, did you attend the Harwich Craft Fair the weekend of the 9th & 10th?

The four of us went on Sunday.

Wonderful! We ended up speaking with a local artist, an older gentleman, that does all of his work in ink. Amazing the time and work that goes into his pieces. We bought two small framed sketches, one of Fenway Park for our 14 yr old and one of Yankee Stadium for our 10 1/2 yr old.

Then, we bought a nice oval slate Welcome plaque for the front door. Also, after sampling some dips, spices, etc, bought some of those.

Really nice stuff. My only regret is not getting a shoulder bag that I saw there. The prettiest fabrics plus they were reversible, nice and big too. Wish I knew how to get in touch with the person making/selling them :-(

Enjoy the rest of your summer as well. The final countdown to the 1st day of school (27th here).

Naomi :-)

4. Re: Harwich Farm Fest 2008 - FREE & FUN!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2009, 23:19